1966 HUG shirts for 10 bucks

-
@Big Dad did you buy one?

I got mine today...well, I got the second one. First one I ordered a Large and it was tight. Today, I got my X-Large. Thing is, the XL is much bigger. I'd like to have the size in between!!

Anyhow, for $16.50 delivered, I like it.
20220827_220408.jpg

That's a cool shirt. The front graphic confuses me, though. Two thoughts:

1. I worked as a graphic artist for a screen print business in the early 90's when I was in school. My boss got every imaginable inquiry for custom shirt printing. One day a nice, older fellow came in with a design for his organization, HUGS, that he wanted printed on shirts. After discussing colors, pricing, etc., my boss inquired about his organization. He said it advocated for the legalization of sexual contact between adults & children. My boss chased him out.

2. I was reading recently about the original design concept for the Barracuda. It was intended to be a great-handling road car, not a drag racer. The earlier brochures always show the car on curvy roads. However, drag racing was in the air, & I was thinking that once Chysler made the Hemi Super Stockers, that road racer image was gone for good. This shirt reminded me that the drag race vibe for the Barracuda got started right at the beginning. I can hear designer Milt Antonick yelling, "But it's not a drag racer!"

They're back to $15. I still bought one.
I have the comp cams pin-up girl one already and have been happy with it.

That's a cool shirt. The front graphic confuses me, though. Two thoughts:

1. I worked as a graphic artist for a screen print business in the early 90's when I was in school. My boss got every imaginable inquiry for custom shirt printing. One day a nice, older fellow came in with a design for his organization, HUGS, that he wanted printed on shirts. After discussing colors, pricing, etc., my boss inquired about his organization. He said it advocated for the legalization of sexual contact between adults & children. My boss chased him out.

2. I was reading recently about the original design concept for the Barracuda. It was intended to be a great-handling road car, not a drag racer. The earlier brochures always show the car on curvy roads. However, drag racing was in the air, & I was thinking that once Chysler made the Hemi Super Stockers, that road racer image was gone for good. This shirt reminded me that the drag race vibe for the Barracuda got started right at the beginning. I can hear designer Milt Antonick yelling, "But it's not a drag racer!"
HUG = Hemi Under Glass or Hurst Hemi Under Glass
A promotional project featuring Hurst's shifter, and a 426 under the rear window a Barracuda.
2F%2Fmoparconnectionmagazine.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F09%2F002-Hurst-Hemi-Under-Glass.jpg

George Hurst’s Hemi Under Glass Pioneers a New Exhibition Class - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

-
Back