1966 Plymouth Valiant bumpers

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to put this 66 Valiant together I bought a year ago back together and I didnt know at the time this was pretty much a one year only car. Is there a place that you can get new bumpers front and rear. I havent found any place yet. Is there any years that interchange with it. I read something about Barracuda's interchange with this year. Any help would be appreciated.

Nobody makes 1966 Valiant/Barracuda bumpers, they are 1-year only bumpers, gonna need to find some good cores to restore

Not that I have ever seen. No early A bumpers reproduced. Rechrome yours or exchange for a rechromed one from Bumper Boyz or Tri City Plating. I recommend Tri City. Finding their swap meet schedule and buying one in the flesh is the best deal.

Not that I have ever seen. No early A bumpers reproduced. Rechrome yours or exchange for a rechromed one from Bumper Boyz or Tri City Plating. I recommend Tri City. Finding their swap meet schedule and buying one in the flesh is the best deal.
I have used Tri City several times in the past on my other cars but they have gotten expensive. AMD has them for my 70 Duster but havent seen any for the 66. I was afraid of this. I have good cores so I guess I will have to get them down there. Thanks

I have used Tri City several times in the past on my other cars but they have gotten expensive. AMD has them for my 70 Duster but havent seen any for the 66. I was afraid of this. I have good cores so I guess I will have to get them down there. Thanks

Just had mine done by Tri City Plating. Price of metal for plating has risen drastically.

I had my 66 Dart bumpers done at AIH Chrome in Dubuque, Iowa. They did a nice job.

I think they were around $350. That was 8-10 years ago.
Yeah, that is what I paid last time with Tri City and now they quoted me $700 each for this 70 Duster we are building.I thought that might be a little high. AMD has then for $499 I believe but dont know what quality those are.

I’ve seen the AMD and like most of their stuff it is expensive and not as perfect as you would hope but close enough to work.
Their bumpers the chrome is -okay.
Tri city chrome is second to none. My 66’ Barracuda bumpers you could see yourself with little to no issues. I’m great full for AMD for sure but some stuff like bumpers if I pay good money I want them right.

The ‘66 Valiant & ‘66 Barracuda bumpers are the same.
Everyone with one of these cars is looking for nice bumpers.
If you have no bumpers you’ll probably have to locate some used ones & they most likely will need to be rechecked.

The ‘66 Valiant & ‘66 Barracuda bumpers are the same.
Everyone with one of these cars is looking for nice bumpers.
If you have no bumpers you’ll probably have to locate some used ones & they most likely will need to be rechecked.
Well I have the bumpers but the other guy painted them black. I am sure Tri City can get that off so I may have to send them out and bite the bullet.

Glasstek makes parts for 66’ bumpers included. Just for reference in case someone’s are beyond repair.

A1F94AB2-E0F2-4AA8-A4AF-F9D33792CBE2.png

-
Back