1966 Sons Cuda Restoration

-
The housing to body gasket is not foam, its plastic! It fits around the edge of the housing and push rivits into the back of the housing to keep it secure!! Geof

Somebody mentioned someone from Mexico was selling taillight lenses for a 66 Barracuda (and others as well) and they were very satisfied with the quality - not quite show quality but really nice driver and much better than old washed out, crazed lenses. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate the thread. Somebody is sure to chime in. Nice looking Cuda!

Ok, I have 3 lefts and only one right, and they're all still in the housings! Here's a pic! If you're interested in used ones, PM me and ill try to get them out intact! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 139
Great,

Now for another problem.....The fuel gauge is showing no movement, I have grounded my fuel line to the sending unit and still ZERO. I tried to test my wire connecting to the sending unit and it is cold. Is it suppose to be hot and if so where is the fuse? I checked my fuse boax and nothing says fuel....

Thanks

The instrument panel gets 12 volts to park lamp indicator and gauge voltage limiter directly from the ignition switch at switch on. The only fuse in this circuit is the fusible link outside the bulkhead connector. You'll find the fuel gauge has 3 power studs where most thermal gauges only have 2. This indicates there is something more to the fuel gauge. It's actually 2 parts in one. The mechanical voltage limiter is inside the gauge. The lowered pulse voltage is supplied to the fuel gauge internally. The printed circuit board carries that voltage to the temp and oil gauges.
Pic of typical toasted gauge below

Attachments

• typical cooked gauge.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 106
-
Back