1966 steering column in a 1967?

-

mprman70

Reaction score
Hello all! I am looking at picking up a 1967 Dart with a column shift/bench seat. I would like to change to buckets/console. I have access to a 1966 barracuda with a console shift. My question - can I use a steering column from a 1966 barracuda in a 1967 Dart? Both are PS cars... Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they are the same with some mod's,check and see if both of the column support brackets use the same bolt pattern to the column. There are 4 bolts close together on 67-up and you may have to change the firewall bracket. It might be easier to swap someone for the right column.

It might be easier to just modify the old column shift collar. There was a thread on this, "a little body work" is what it amounts to

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=104306

I was thinking the same, I have seen people do this, seems pretty straight forward. Especially since I don't have to worry about the key in the column.

I am pretty sure I can swap the console/brackets/shifter easy enough. Unless I am missing something, they consoles look about the same from 66-67?

Yes the console should work. 66 was the first year for that console, and was used till about 1969-70, then mineorly changed again. The shift linkage might be different, tho, not sure.

barracudadave67

-
Back