1966 valiant Aluminum? Trim

-

moparkrazed

Moparkrazed
Reaction score
Looking at the trim on the 66 valiant that sits on top of the quarters and runs back to rear tail lights. It seems like it’s aluminum ( correct me if that’s not the case). Is there anyone that can strip and polish the trim? No dents or scratches in it, just dull.

It is aluminum and people can polish those - I did mine by hand watching tv. Pretty easy. Just tiring.

“Wax on- wax off Daniel-son.”

It is aluminum and people can polish those - I did mine by hand watching tv. Pretty easy. Just tiring.

“Wax on- wax off Daniel-son.”
Haha yeah looks like it. I just watched a video that says spray easy off oven cleaner on it and let it sit for an hour then sand with finer and finer grit paper. Not too bad but definitely going to take some work. Thanks fir the reply and definitely feeling better about it after watching a video. I’ll probably watch more before getting on it.

As a pointer- videos are good but you will not learn “actual hands on” from a video.
Just try it. Don’t be afraid of it. Do a small spot, then when successful try a different spot. Keep going building momentum until you recognize - it’s done. You can do this, ya don’t need special tools or products. Clean really good, and Polish with a light compound. :)

There are places that can do it for you too. There are also places that can re-anodize the moldings back to a stock look.

As a pointer- videos are good but you will not learn “actual hands on” from a video.
Just try it. Don’t be afraid of it. Do a small spot, then when successful try a different spot. Keep going building momentum until you recognize - it’s done. You can do this, ya don’t need special tools or products. Clean really good, and Polish with a light compound. :)
Thanks man. I totally agree, I’m sure after I do it I’ll look back and say why was I so scared of that lol.

-
Back