1966 valiant floors

-

moparkrazed

Moparkrazed
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know where I could get the under seat area of the floor for a 66 valiant? I found floor pans I can order but my uncle cut out the whole passenger side of the floor boards and then screwed then in, then fiberglassed over that. I want to take all of that out and do the repair right. I could always fav something up but I’d rather not if I can avoid it. The trunk floor has been replaced but tacked in. Going to finish welding the trunk in today. thanks for everyone’s help in the past. The early A’s have been a learning experience. But still loving this 66 valiant. May go with a 225 down the road and possibly find a 230 transmission. I’d hate to tear up the original 170 and 903. And when I fix this car I only wanna do it one time (unlike my swinger that I’ve redone 4 times). That’s good and bad part about knowing how to paint, get tired of a color and just decide to change it haha. Thanks again everyone.

Hey guys, anyone know where I could get the under seat area of the floor for a 66 valiant? I found floor pans I can order but my uncle cut out the whole passenger side of the floor boards and then screwed then in, then fiberglassed over that. I want to take all of that out and do the repair right. I could always fav something up but I’d rather not if I can avoid it. The trunk floor has been replaced but tacked in. Going to finish welding the trunk in today. thanks for everyone’s help in the past. The early A’s have been a learning experience. But still loving this 66 valiant. May go with a 225 down the road and possibly find a 230 transmission. I’d hate to tear up the original 170 and 903. And when I fix this car I only wanna do it one time (unlike my swinger that I’ve redone 4 times). That’s good and bad part about knowing how to paint, get tired of a color and just decide to change it haha. Thanks again everyone.
Autobody Specialties

You might need to start a wanted thread. There's a member here that sells body parts. He drills out the spot welds. Nice clean sheet metal. Early A body stuff .

By golly you're right. I thought they had complete pans at one time.
I second guessed myself and took another look lol. I may have to fab one up if I can’t find one. Definitely want replace all the pans though. The only section that’s good is the driver rear and driver under seat.

You might need to start a wanted thread. There's a member here that sells body parts. He drills out the spot welds. Nice clean sheet metal. Early A body stuff .
I’ll do that. Does early A stuff go in the same wanted ads? I’d assume so but I’m not the most tech save either lol. Thanks for your help as always man.

When both a front and rear pan is used (same side) they extend a pretty good way to under where the seat bolts to the floor. IIRC they covered all but about a foot or maybe a bit less

-
Back