-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mvaliant66170

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 11,600 mile original 1966 Valiant 100 4 door that hit a deer this year and the hood and front left fender are pretty well bent up. Does anyone know of some leads to find these sheet metal parts? I also need the spacer that runs the length of the front bumper and is between the bumper and grille. Thanks for your help - the car is fantastic; I was able to avoid the first deer but not the second. Here in Wisconsin they are as numerous as mosquitoes. I posted this in the wrong spot before - my apologies.

IMG_7844.jpeg

IMG_7845.jpeg

IMG_7846.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

As long as the metal is rust free that would be fine - any idea where to look? I did the eBay and internet search but came up empty (so far) - thanks for your reply. I did find an NOS front grille so am good with that.

@66340SEDAN is in Minn. He owns 66 Valiants and sells a lot of nice parts. May be he can help Thanks in advance Keith.

Last edited:
Sorry about your car, sure looks like a nice one, low mileage survivors are the best cars! I might have a bumper filler and lower grille filler, I’m in central MN. I bet a good body shop could repair your fender, if that thing has no rust they may be able to save it! The hood and fender are tough to find in good shape in the our area due to rust, a solid fender will need to come from out west. Same for the hood, but those are hard and expensive to ship. I’ll do some digging to see if I know of a usable 66 hood or grille around here.

Thanks for the reply - our body shop here can fix it, but they told me it would be better to find a replacement hood and fender due to the work involved. I am good with the grill and radiator support/hood latch - thanks again for your help in getting her back on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back