1966 Valiant Signet Convertible

-

SlotCarWon

Reaction score
I finally got my 1966 Valiant convert- I had been negotiating with the owner since Sept 9th! But it finally arrived.

It is a very solid but high mileage car with some needs, primarily a paint job. I'm prepping for paint and removing the trim to get it ready for a Maaco paint job since they are half off in January around here, luckily it's been 45 to 50 degrees (instead of the usual 10 to 20) so I can work comfortable in the garage.

In preparation for this car I had purchased a parts car (and swapped with many A-bodies only readers... thanks) for some of the parts this car needed, like the interior and trim.

The 225 slant six starts right up and idles very smoothly, I've only driven it from a trailer into the garage but everything works even though this car sat in indoor storage for ten years.

Hopefully by spring it will be licensed andready for some top down cruizin.

I apologize for the poor pic but that's the only one I got.

MVC-006F.JPG

I had a 64 convertable valiant for a short while and I got more thumbs up with that car going down the road than any other car I have owned. Nice project :thumbup:

64 top up valiant.jpg

Cool another 66' Signet. Any ideas on color. I may have extra parts if you need them. You still have those extra rear convertible panels from the parts car?

The car was originally a light yellow and then it was repainted red. It is now faded and the door jams were never painted. I'm thinking of painting it red becasue these crs look so good in red but they also look good in white or yellow. Since it's a '66 Signet I am going to have the lower portion painted silver.

I thought about doing the silver too. It looks good if the trim is in good shape. It's so hard to find ones in good shape. There was a great 66' Signet on Ebay a while back that was Dark Metallic Blue with the Silver. It looked nice since he was going for an original look. Red is a great color on the Valiants

Nice score! Yellow is a perfect sleeper color. I will be parting a 66 Valiant 200 in June so if ya needs anything...

-
Back