Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy people, cosgig here. Well, it’s time for me to send this little car off to a new home. It’s a 66 Valiant Signet convertible, one of 148 original Commando convertibles from 66. I’ve owned it for about 10 years now, and have just not driven it as much as I would like, so I think it’s time to send it to a new home. Here’s the details....

This car was purchased new in Atlanta, Ga. on March 11, 1966 as an executives car for Safeway Steel. It currently shows just a tick over 78k miles. It spend most of its life in the south, and was purchased by a friend of mine and brought to Michigan in 2010. I was able to trace the history back to a couple who owned it from 1999-2004, who gave me many details about the car, which I will share with the buyer if they wish.

So, this car has a 66 273 Commando motor and automatic trans, 8 3/4” rear end, front sway bar, 892/893 torsion bars and HD leaf springs, all commando equipment. The rear gear is a 3:23 open, and it has drum brakes all the way around. The motor and trans have both been rebuilt and have less than 1000 miles. The interior is in nice shape, bucket seats and a console, the carpet is new, the seats are original, there are a couple small tears in the front buckets. All of the interior and exterior trim is in excellent shape, bumpers are clean and indented, the grille is flawless, the tires are new, the rims are painted and nice hubcaps. It runs, drives and stops fine, but it needs to be driven more, it had been off the road for a few years due to a transmission problem. It was last driven in September up to the cruise night in my town.

Now, it does need a few things. First is a new top, which comes with the car. The boot is new, and the included top is an ARO top that is a few years old. It also comes with a new well liner, again from ARO that I bought about 2 years ago.

The floor pans also need some work, but I have a complete 1 piece floor pan that will come with the car. There is a couple spots on the body that have a little rust, but overall it is a very solid car. The paint on the hood and trunk is faded on the top, and quite possible the original paint, although there is touch up done here and there.

This car is a fun little car, looks good and drives good, and with a little work will be a great little car for somebody. I put a lot of time and effort into the car through the years, but it just needs someone to love it and take it up a couple more notches.

The price is $7500 for the car, the floor pan, and the top, boot and pad kit. I will not entertain offers below that, it is well worth the price.it is located in Southeastern Michigan, near Ann Arbor. As usual, message with any questions, and I will address any inquiries in the order that they are received. The car is only listed here for now, but if it doesn’t sell in a reasonable time, I will list it in a few more places. Thanks for looking and enjoy those Mopars.

A35300B8-A99C-409E-B4C5-C4E3201BE59D.jpeg

D16A3E59-49CC-48BF-9280-8BCF7E4E57E9.jpeg

2B9704D6-8F17-4349-8E08-D9158FD3F7A3.jpeg

9279F72B-EC71-4342-A9DB-BE5D9C901898.jpeg

C01CC297-CAB9-470B-B9C5-5179AD814EC1.jpeg

BC8799F6-41AE-4B11-AFCE-33BC25ED09F1.jpeg

67E936AD-7FF0-4964-9F85-DDBD9AC29B28.png

6FCCAAA8-0B5E-4656-AE25-C30A1A3CB9F9.jpeg

609C62A0-D303-4CED-9DF0-B46BFA581713.jpeg

Last edited:
Cosgig! Beautiful car! Is there a buildsheet and a fendertag for it?

there is no fender tag. I talked to a previous longtime owner last night who stated that the build sheet was under the back seat, although I did not see it. He is very knowledgeable and informative about the car, and told me that yes, it had been repainted once, and the car was indeed ordered by the president of Safeway Steel. He also told me that the original motor was removed by a friend of his to be rebuilt, but was scrapped by the owner of the business when his friend died. The car currently has a 66 Commando motor and trans that was in my wife’s 66 Cuda, that I rebuilt myself. The previous owner is going to look through his pile of stuff for the fender tag, and anything he can find related to the car and pass it along to me.

there is no fender tag. I talked to a previous longtime owner last night who stated that the build sheet was under the back seat, although I did not see it. He is very knowledgeable and informative about the car, and told me that yes, it had been repainted once, and the car was indeed ordered by the president of Safeway Steel. He also told me that the original motor was removed by a friend of his to be rebuilt, but was scrapped by the owner of the business when his friend died. The car currently has a 66 Commando motor and trans that was in my wife’s 66 Cuda, that I rebuilt myself. The previous owner is going to look through his pile of stuff for the fender tag, and anything he can find related to the car and pass it along to me.
Ok, great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back