1966 Valiant Turn Signal/Park Light Lens Screws

-

crazydog

Reaction score
I just got a 1966 Valiant this week and it is missing the Turn Signal/Park Lenses in the front bumper. Classic Industries has the lenses and the gaskets, but does not list the screws to attach the lenses. I contacted them and they state they do not know the correct size screws to attach the lenses.

If possible can someone measure the screws that attach the lenses? I may be wrong, but I believe they have a shoulder of some length.

It seems to me that they should just do some research and offer the lenses, gaskets, and screws as a single part number kit, but what do I know.

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Nothing special about those lens screws. Just phillips head and 3/4" long screw threads. Just get the stainless version from your local hardware store.

Nothing special about those lens screws. Just phillips head and 3/4" long screw threads. Just get the stainless version from your local hardware store.

Are they machine screws or sheet metal screws? Any idea on thread size?

Like #8x 3/4” long - if fender holes are too big go #10. Not all hardware stores have them but typically you can find screws with larger screw (#10) and smaller heads for trim applications. Check marina hardware stores - boat marina places. They typically have a lot of stainless steel hardware for boat people.

I think he was wanting the ones that go through the lens and into the light housing. Just bring the housing with you to see what size fits the best.

-
Back