1966 vs 1967 Barracuda front bucket seats

-

spycam

Reaction score
Does anybody know for sure if a 1967 Barracuda front bucket seat will fit a 1966 Barracuda, rails and all with no modifications ?

As always I appreciate your answers
Thanks

1966 is when the console design changed, and that affected the seat width. Not sure about the track design from '66 to '67, but I think they're the same.

Yeah I thought the rails were different.

I really appreciate your answers

However, the 67-69 seat tracks in good shape are worth some pretty decent coin, so they could be sold and 66 tracks could be bought. You might even come away with a few extra bucks!

The seat frames are almost identical. Bun width changed the seat width. OEM 67 buns would be small for 66 skins.
The seat back frame is made of several pieces welded together ( like everything else ). The upper member of the earlier frame was round tubing. For 67 they reformed that member to square and punched holes for head rests through it. The main difference is about 3/4 inch difference in overall height. So a 66 skin on a 67 frame may need a little extra filler here.

I used 66 tracks and seats in my 67 and they worked fine. The 66 actually have tilt and some other adjustments built into the sliders. The 67-up do not

I used 67 seats in My sons 66 Barracuda--- but used the 66 tracks and all worked fine and then bolted to the original floor holes.

-
Back