1967-1969 Barracuda Fenders

-
A couple of years ago I inquired about front fenders for a 1968 barracuda and was told that there wasn't enough of a demand for them to be produced. What I'd like to know is how someone can " restore " a car when there's no replacement body panels or bumpers for the '67 - '69 barracuda's, now remember that I haven't looked in a while so I don't know what might be available now.

Unfortunately I passed on a 1967 notchback and the reason why I did so was because of the lack of replacement body panels etc, because of this the insurance was going to be more expensive as the car was considered unrepairable due to the non available replacement body panels. I don't know if there are front fenders available yet or not.

They are out there but not for 60’s or 70’s prices. Every year that passes they get harder to get. I don’t blame AMD for not tooling up for these fenders. Every one of these discussions comes to the same conclusion-the money is not there.

They are out there but not for 60’s or 70’s prices. Every year that passes they get harder to get. I don’t blame AMD for not tooling up for these fenders. Every one of these discussions comes to the same conclusion-the money is not there.
When I inquired about fenders for a 1967 - 1969 barracuda I was told that there wasn't enough of a demand in order to reproduce them. Of the big 3, mopars have the least available reproduction parts available. I've done a lot of research on parts availability for cars and unfortunately the mopar is not only the most expensive car but also the hardest one for parts

I’m sure I’m not the only one that has parts. When obsolete parts are offered up don’t expect bargain basement prices. I have sold parts to people all over the world. Some of these vehicles I have had since I was 14 but they won’t sell cheap

When I inquired about fenders for a 1967 - 1969 barracuda I was told that there wasn't enough of a demand in order to reproduce them. Of the big 3, mopars have the least available reproduction parts available. I've done a lot of research on parts availability for cars and unfortunately the mopar is not only the most expensive car but also the hardest one for parts

67 to 69 Plymouth Barracuda Fenders MOPAR - auto parts - by owner -...

Pittsburgh Craigslist

Sort of a catch 22: ppl not restoring the cars because of lack of parts. And vendors not making parts cause ppl not restoring.

But I see the tide turning with the values of the second gen barracudas climbing where you can spend huge money restoring one of these cars and resulting value is very high. Wasn't like that a few years back. But I am not holding my breath for reproduction fenders.

I bought a pair of AMD 1/4s at Carlisle this year. One is a '69 and other is a '68. Figure get them in case they stop making them.

PXL_20220717_190136880.jpg
PXL_20220717_191651532.jpg

Classic industries has the left quarter panel for a 1967 barracuda, cause they forgot that they have a right side too.

Those would look sexy hanging on a shop wall, and YOU KNOW those babies would sell if you ever needed to.
Sort of a catch 22: ppl not restoring the cars because of lack of parts. And vendors not making parts cause ppl not restoring.

But I see the tide turning with the values of the second gen barracudas climbing where you can spend huge money restoring one of these cars and resulting value is very high. Wasn't like that a few years back. But I am not holding my breath for reproduction fenders.

I bought a pair of AMD 1/4s at Carlisle this year. One is a '69 and other is a '68. Figure get them in case they stop making them.

View attachment 1715972433 View attachment 1715972434

Those would look sexy hanging on a shop wall, and YOU KNOW those babies would sell if you ever needed to.
The vendor had three pairs, one pair sold before me, and that was early Saturday and vendor said a lot of interest so I pretty sure all three pairs got sold. I plan to restore my car in a couple of years....

The insurance company isn't going to pay for someone searching for used hopefully good fenders. I was told that since the 1967 - 1969 barracuda's have such a small amount of replacement parts that they are more expensive to insure. I wouldn't have one for the fact that what is available is outrageous, example is the grill for the 1968 grill and headlight bezels and trim is almost 2k.

AMD are good parts. Don’t think you can go wrong with them. They are very “tweakable”. One of the problems I see is the people that supposedly love these cars continually talk them down. Everyone would love to buy NOS parts cheap then sell the car for big money. You could be correct in saying the prices are going up but the aftermarket guys are hearing the”I would not give x dollars” for new fenders. I have five cars that I want to build and I have the parts to do them-with the exception of interior soft parts. I really would like to see AMD make a run of fenders and sell them all quick. I like the Plymouth models much better than dodge but that is just my opinion. Anyway good luck on whatever you are working on

My car is a '69 383-4 spd Formula S. 440 now. I've never even seen the original 383. Had it since '80.
The '68 fenders are JIC we screw up.............
upload_2022-8-19_9-17-13.png

I can't understand why the aftermarket supplier's don't want to make fenders for the 60's barracuda's. There's a market out there for them. Also there's no grill for a 1967 or 1969 darts. No taillamp lenses for a 1972 -1974 duster. But you can get pretty much everything for a mustang or a nova. The grills that are available cost 3 times more than a mustang or a nova, same thing for the bumpers. The list goes on and on. I truly believe that if the aftermarket would produce more parts for mopars that they would find a demand for them. I can't be the only person to notice the inflated prices for mopars.

So after following a recent thread on here about shipping costs I realized that some of the major vendors are indeed following this site. Comments on various posts by Classic Industries, Borgeson, Laysons etc, prove that. In a nutshell that means that what we want matters so here goes.

Just in case AMD, Goodmark or Shermans are reading this, there is definitely a market for fenders for the 67-69 A-Body Barracuda. I can't imagine its a great stretch to recreate the outer skin as the internal structure is virtually identical to the 67-70 Dodge Dart that is being repopped.

These fenders have not been reproduced in 50 plus years , the number of these cars being restored is climbing and the cars presently out there are suffering their share of accidents , rust-out, etc. so I'm sure there would be a demand.

If we don't demonstrate there's a demand they wont respond.

So what do you guys and Gals think?

Post a comment to this post and lets see who responds.
Cheers!

:canada::usflag:
Hell I need em. Even good sized patches would be welcome. So I'm on board.

Ok, so to make my intentions very clear, if the fenders were set to be manufactured, I will put down a deposit to buy a set.

There are three others on here who also expressed the same interest.

Anyone else who needs a set, please post your intentions .
I need a set for a 67

The fender holes would be different I believe. Mine is a 340 S 69 I want to start rebuilding a 383 S 68. We are quite a few miles apart and shipping is outrageous. This car is inside and the fenders are still on the car. I would be interested in a trade if we could make it where we didn’t have to put out money. If you are interested check out the difference on the holes if the are not the same

Eventually useable parts for the '67 - '69 barracuda will dry up. I think that the aftermarket is only hurting themselves by not reproducing body panels for these cars, the back glass is another rare part. The '67 barracuda is a one year only for the glove box door. The duster is another one that suffers from a lack of reproduction parts, no console bodies, no taillamp lenses for the '72 - '76 duster's, no hoods, bumpers. Now what's sad is that you can get pretty much every part imaginable for the '65 and up mustang's and nova's, etc. I believe that this is just a few reasons why mopars are not popular with a lot of people, heck edelbrock even has a cylinder head specifically for the small bore small block Chevy, afr has a cylinder head for the 289 / 302 folks. Mopar, has nothing, there is not a cylinder head for just the 318, not everyone needs big valve big ports for their 273 / 318 powered cruiser. I love my mopars too.

Eventually useable parts for the '67 - '69 barracuda will dry up. I think that the aftermarket is only hurting themselves by not reproducing body panels for these cars, the back glass is another rare part. The '67 barracuda is a one year only for the glove box door. The duster is another one that suffers from a lack of reproduction parts, no console bodies, no taillamp lenses for the '72 - '76 duster's, no hoods, bumpers. Now what's sad is that you can get pretty much every part imaginable for the '65 and up mustang's and nova's, etc. I believe that this is just a few reasons why mopars are not popular with a lot of people, heck edelbrock even has a cylinder head specifically for the small bore small block Chevy, afr has a cylinder head for the 289 / 302 folks. Mopar, has nothing, there is not a cylinder head for just the 318, not everyone needs big valve big ports for their 273 / 318 powered cruiser. I love my mopars too.
Well as stated before it's all about supply and demand. And profit. No company would invest tens of thousands to make parts and not be able to sell it for a profit. And they don't want to sit on inventory either. So we are stuck. I too have the same concerns. But making do with what I can. Sadly I find this discouraging. And I'm sure many others do. So this is another reason why people move past certain cars and just follow the rest. Leaving some great cars to die.

After the sticker shock of rebuilding our 1967 Barracuda convertible, I feel the pain and frustration of chasing parts that are made from sumbitchium, chineseium, unobtanium and bankruptsium. You pay to play.

You can imagine the grief I went through chasing parts for my 53 Dodge truck, and I am sure I am about to experience it all again when I start on the family’s 54 Chevy wagon.

All of that said, parts for the Barracuda have been stupid high… but I was able to eventually find them. I have a feeling fiberglass fenders (available) will be the future for replacements. But you will still need the sheet metal “nose” in the front the grille sits in. It’s an expensive hobby when compared to Ford or Chevy.

After the sticker shock of rebuilding our 1967 Barracuda convertible, I feel the pain and frustration of chasing parts that are made from sumbitchium, chineseium, unobtanium and bankruptsium. You pay to play.

You can imagine the grief I went through chasing parts for my 53 Dodge truck, and I am sure I am about to experience it all again when I start on the family’s 54 Chevy wagon.

All of that said, parts for the Barracuda have been stupid high… but I was able to eventually find them. I have a feeling fiberglass fenders (available) will be the future for replacements. But you will still need the sheet metal “nose” in the front the grille sits in. It’s an expensive hobby when compared to Ford or Chevy.
Grief yes. How about clips for a 57 chevy belair that have been on backorder for 3 years and none in sight to be made. And they are special for all of the belt moulding trim. I'm on the hunt for used clips as we speak.
20220802_201346.jpg

-
Back