1967-69 Barracuda Bumpers

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I Need front and rear bumpers for a second gen barracuda. No dings or dents and must be in vary good condition.

FYI, just bought a re-plated pair of original bumpers from Tri City Plating (Kentuky). They were/are at the Carlisle PA, right now. It was only $659, they are beautiful!!!. I live in Texas and a friend is picking them up for me (he's on vacation up there). I had looked everywhere for a good set but condition and shipping were never good. Just trying to help, good luck with your search!!

Treblig

Again, just trying to help the original poster. I saw the AMD bumpers also, In the pic they look slightly yellowish which led me to believe that the chrome isn't as thick as it should be (copper base showing through the chrome). I don't want a yellowish looking bumper. Attached is a pic of the bumper my friend just picked up at Carlisle. It has the hard chrome look that it should (shiny silver/chrome not yellow). Believe me, I'm not saying that AMD isn't what it should be. I'm just don't like the way the chrome looks in their advertisement. If I was AMD I would post a pic of a bumper that looks like the one I bought!!! Please compare the pics for yourself??? Maybe some other folks can chime in??? Treblig

Attachments

• 20141002_075845.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 214
Thanks guys I ordered some from AMD. The guys from carlisle are ripoffs. They are always fighting with customers and have a lot of comebacks. When I am at the mopar carlisle Tri City Plating is down from me. I have seen nothing but bad things from them. The same go's for the bumper boys.

Are they bad people to.
Im not saying they are bad people, but read thru this thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=290903
I've ordered several times from Tamraz's and had no issues. I pick the parts up at their location.
Ive had no dealings with them Dave, but the thread above makes me leery. Could be a one-off situation?? AMD will sell direct, but at a higher price. It might be worth the higher price though. You being close enough to drive is a huge advantage. For most they would have to "rely" on the internet/ebay or phone order. Buyer is at a disadvantage in doing that, but sometimes it is the only way.

I have a good set of original cores to be rechromed PM if interested

Has Superior Chrome Plating out of Houston, Texas gone to crap. I saw a 1967 Barracuda in Missouri that they had done every chrome part on and it was fantastic work. They couldn't get the swirl in the flip fuel cap and the buyer was told that before the did rechromed it.

http://www.justchromeit.com/

the bumpers are interchangeable front to back-right?

Brackets are different, but bumpers the same?

I put a tri-city bumper on the front of my 69 Fury 11 years ago - still looks new. Went with tri-city on Jake's 65, picked them up 2 years ago in Carlisle - beautiful piece. No issues either time. .... Juat sayin

I have heard alot of bad about bumper boyz but this is a first bad I've heard
about tri city plating. I've heard they cost more but the work and guarantee
is excellent.
Let us know how you like the AMDs and dealing with tamraz also.
I have been thinking of having mine replated but was curious if the AMDs
may be a little lighter (thinner steel) being a repop?
The super stock cars had their bumpers and donors acid dipped to lighten them up.
Likely wishful thinking but I would be OK with them being a little thinner.

-
Back