1967 barracuda formula s info

-

VDART

Reaction score
co-worker just stumbled upon a 1967 barracuda formula s car. All I have for info is the certicard, supposedly has a 4 speed ,8.75 & disc brakes-- I was shown a picture of the engine & it has the chrome air cleaner & finned valve covers--- what #'s mean formula s & not some one putting parts on a car? thanks Lawrence

Attachments

• image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 484
The "S" was a package option. I think you could make an S without having to buy the "S" option just by picking parts options. The 1st gen S had a tach. That was about it for a "check if its real" test. Other than that, all other parts could be ordered up. On a 67 it may have an 032 (273-4) or a 367 (Formula code) on the fender tag. I think there may be something under the C too. possibly a 150 speedo.

yes forgot to mention the 150 speedo, the car has rats/mice living in it & has not been on road since at least 1987.

yes forgot to mention the 150 speedo, the car has rats/mice living in it & has not been on road since at least 1987.

yes bit at ;east no one maybe has monkeyed with it!!!!!!???? nothing a good steam cleaning can't fix!!!!!! ya gotta love them mice??? go fer it!

Mine had some old a$$ tags on it too, so I knew it was somewhat original (Like 100%) Ran like crap too on start up, all the better! Points (dual) plugs, gas and oil after I got her home on 5 cylinders and she was humming on 8 once more.

Hey Lawrence the fendertag or build sheet is the only way as far as I know. On the fendertag under the F should be #7. Dads S came with tag and orig certicard. Dads Certicard has nothing stating "S" on it. As mentioned above code 367 I believe is on build sheet.
Dads also has 150 and tach but not sure if thats part of deluxe interior or not which dad's has as well.
Chk Hammtramck historical they have a ton of info there.
Sounds like a beauty project!
Say its a notchback and Im gonna be sick to my pants!

My 67 is an original formula S. 273 Commando, auto, 8 3/4 posi, 120 MPH speedo and a vacuum gauge in the centre (option). the S option according the the red book was badging, hd springs, bigger t bars (.089), bigger sway bar (7/8).

Thx for the responses, the pic I provided is the certified. Is any info relevant from that? He is going to try & get the tag info this weekend, I'll try & get some pics from him

Had a 67 formula S notchback 4 speed console, 150 mph speedo, tach

Pulled the 273 with a spun bearing and put a 340 in it

Wonder if it is still on the road or tucked away in a barn somewhere, or the toaster sitting on someone's counter........LOL

View attachment image.jpg

And to think I threw away the valve covers and air cleaner when I got rid of the old engine

IMO clone or real the value isn't really any difference for most people, a 67
Barracuda is a 67 Barracuda. Unless it is a big block car then it is worth more.

A friend has a 67 notch that was a 273 2 barrel now has a 340 and only about 33,000 miles on car since new. I would say it is worth as much as if it was a Formula S. Very clean straight car that he has had in his garage for at least 35 years. Was a little old ladies car when he got it

If anyone runs across a tan 67 Formula S fastback with black interior and very few options I would like to see pictures of it, my sister had one back in the mid 70's, but it too could be the toaster on a counter today.

This the VIN from my car, a '67 Notch, anyone know where I can find the info to decode it?

BH23E72228502

I think its a S because I do not think they made a Barracuda V8 Commando without the S package

Pic

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 321
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2167.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 315
TRUNK has a bunch of trim pieces-- don't know how much or condition-- just trying to help a my coworker out.

I think its a S because I do not think they made a Barracuda V8 Commando without the S package

Yes, they did sell the 273 Commando V8 without the S package. My fastback is an E but not an S. You are thinking of the 383 -- it had to come with the S package.

Hey, it has a trailer hitch

Back in the 60's not many people had pick ups and a hitch and small trailer is how people moved stuff

Have had a few cars with hitches including my dart convertible and a 70 Grand Coupe with a bumper hitch. Have tried to give it away to people I know with E bodies but no takers......LOL

I would guess it is an original Formula S

I think he will have it home this weekend-- I'm going to try to help him as best I can, he had one similar in high school, you guys know the story.
Problem, his house is almost an hour away so it won't be easy to stop by. I told him to store it my home for a bit --if the wife doesn't approve.

Hey, it has a trailer hitch

Back in the 60's not many people had pick ups and a hitch and small trailer is how people moved stuff

Have had a few cars with hitches including my dart convertible and a 70 Grand Coupe with a bumper hitch. Have tried to give it away to people I know with E bodies but no takers......LOL

I would guess it is an original Formula S

When I started the restoration of my '67 formula s in 2008 (which I bought in '76),,, The first thing I did was rip off the trailer hitch and promised her that she would never have to tow again!!!!!:brave:

I am putting a receiver hitch on as I restore my coronet wagon.

it's so cool to have a solid car that can pull a trailer and do just about anything, unlike these new over computered piles of plastic junk.

I have a small lawn tractor trailer too. :D

coronet wagon,, family,,camping ,,towing,, trailer hitch,,Kool stuff
barracuda,, muscle car,, hot rod,,trailer hitch,,Not,,,,LOL

with a 4 speed and a dana rear end and a HEMI for power, it should be able to pull any small trailer a newer pickup could :D

-
Back