1967 barracuda formula s

-

Cuda7780

Reaction score
Im looking at purchasing a 1967 barracuda formula s I think. How can I tell if it is a formula s with no fender tag?

Look for the bigger torsion bars ending in 892/893. What is the fifth letter on the vin...E? 8 3/4 rear, is the frame re inforced. Look for holes in the front fenders just in front of the doors for the badges.

Look for the bigger torsion bars ending in 892/893. What is the fifth letter on the vin...E? 8 3/4 rear, is the frame re inforced. Look for holes in the front fenders just in front of the doors for the badges.
It is E code 8 3/4 rear. It has badges but those are easy to just put on

Be live 67 was the last year for the single exhaust - left side rear valance should have the large square cut out....most people never clean this area up - this is for the 273 Commando engine cars.

Just saying - I've stripped a lot of bodies putting 6cyl stuff on to send it down the road.

Fact is, without a build sheet or fender tag or Chrysler Historical Society documentation, you really can't know for sure if the car came with the Formula S package or not.
FYI all factory 383 cars were Formula S models but all 273 HP cars were not necessarily Formula S models.

-
Back