1967 Barracuda Notch

-

roughidle

Super Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I figured I'd start posting pictures of my big steel mess of swiss cheese I'm starting with. I got this car shortly after becoming a member here last year and have been collecting a lot of information and parts since then. Thanks to all of you that have helped me in one way or another.

This car will finish in the following condition:

- 400 BB Stroked to ~470 - Motor Plates mounted
- 727 Trans Reverse manual VB
- 8-3/4" Rear 4.??
- Spring Relocation w/ s/s springs
- BBP '73+ front Disks and suspension
- BBP Mosers
- 12 Gal Fuel cell

Plus all the trimmings.....
Here is what I am starting with :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :protest::protest::

I love how someone could "patch" a frame with 26 gauge galvanneal, "try" to flux core weld it (splatter welding is back in style), and then bondo and undercoat over it....

There was three layers of rear quarter on this car that had been BRAZED in over the past 40 or so years....

I want to do this :finga: to the car, but I just can't. I feel the need to test everything I know and believe I can do to resurrect this car instead of just kicking it to the curb.

Don't expect daily or weekly updates on this car, but I will try and keep this updated at least on a monthly basis.

This is going to be a long tough ride for sure....

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

What I could use some help on right now is the last set of pictures of the rocker patch. What I'm running into is the rearmost brace is about 7/8" too far inboard when I lay the rocker patch in whereas the front brace and backing plate is nice and flush.... Is this what I should expect when trying to use a patch panel, or is there something wrong that I'm not seeing...

How was that brace aligned before you cut the old inner rocker out? Could it be that your substructure is so weak that when you cut it away it "sprung" to an unloaded position where it was happier? Body tweaked from ditch runnin'? I'm thinking that there are some serious body alignment issues for that much gap between the mount and the inner rocker.
I admire your fortitude to wanting to tackle that beast! L8r

There wasn't much left of the "structure" of the rocker and inner rocker there when I started cutting to good metal. It certainly didn't spring when I cut away what was left. The doors did close on it pretty well with no large gaps anywhere when I brought it home. I can't really see how this thing is tweaked because the top of the rocker panel (the door sill and ribs that the door would seat in against seem to be nice and straight. I can't find any visual areas of an impact damage on either side of the car...just a lot of rust...

Wow. That's alot of rust, but I sure am glad someone is saving that thing! Love the notch-backs. Will be watching.

EDIT: Can we get some overall pictures?

Not much to look @ right now, I have it all disassembled....

I will try and keep posting as I progress through therapy....

-
Back