1967 Barracuda Wiper wiring

-
Ok, I see they finally posted. I just got done making it up the long way so I might as well post it.
On the back of your switch each terminal is lettered....real small and hard to read unless it's clean.
This is how it wires:
B=Pink
W=Dark Brown
A=Dark Brown with White Tracer
P=Dark Blue
F2=Green
F1=Red
B/U=Electric Washers...prolly Light Brown

Attachments

• Variable Speed Switch_01.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 344
I know the terminals are coded, I just havent taken the time to trace all the wires back yet.

You would think that a $500+ wiring harness would be a plug and play affair.....

I know the terminals are coded, I just havent taken the time to trace all the wires back yet.

You would think that a $500+ wiring harness would be a plug and play affair.....
Well now you don't need to trace anything as long as your not color blind.
I have a son that is and I forget sometimes.:eek:ops:
That's just typical year One BS but the have a no compete contract with M&H so they can just say take it or leave it.:protest:

I was hoping to not have to cut and splice.
Are the dash wiring harnesses the same for 2sp and variable ? I have seen this mentioned before.

Got it figured out. Sort of... That switch is like a chinese puzzle....still no wire to the W terminal. 69 service manual shows that is for the variable speed switch only...
Do I need to make one ?

In 67 variable wipers was standard should be switch number 2770378. Here are some pictures with the wires still connected.

Attachments

• IMG_2651 (1280x965).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2652 (1280x1060).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 269
Do I need to run another wire or two ? If so it is a lot easier to do it now while the dash frame is sitting on my table

Got it figured out. Sort of... That switch is like a chinese puzzle....still no wire to the W terminal. 69 service manual shows that is for the variable speed switch only...
Do I need to make one ?
Yes, you have a variable switch, Brn goes to firewall bulkhead connector and corresponds to where the Brn wire from the wiper motor harness.
If there is not one in you harness then you will have to make one.

Do I need to run another wire or two ? If so it is a lot easier to do it now while the dash frame is sitting on my table
Brn, Red, Grn and Blue go to the bulkhead connector on the firewall and feed into the engine compartment, that's where your wiper motor harness connector plugs in....it has Brn, Red, Grn and Blue wires also.

The terminals without wires would be where the white and gray wires are in your second pic

What do those terminals do?

From a '68 'Cuda. I might have some better ones buried somewhere.

Attachments

• PICT0335.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 257
BTW your work is outstanding and easy to spot! I see a lot of motors you've done. The folks have nothing but high praise for your workmanship..

I am saving up me nickles to get one of mine off to you to restore. It just looks terrible when you have an old weathered wiper motor sitting there.

You are absolutely correct. Kinda like if you are workin on a Superbird and huntin parts....never say Superbird...say RoadRunner or bend over.

BTW your work is outstanding and easy to spot! I see a lot of motors you've done. The folks have nothing but high praise for your workmanship..

I am saving up me nickles to get one of mine off to you to restore. It just looks terrible when you have an old weathered wiper motor sitting there.
Thanks buddy, Kim and I believe that a person should get what they spend their hard earned money on and even more than they expect if possible. I only have one rule....if I wouldn't put the part on my car it don't go out....and I'm pretty anal.

-
Back