1967 Barracuda

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm new to the forum and was told to talk to PST to narrow down what it is I need/want.
I have a 67 barracuda with drums all round for brakes. I have been reading the forums and think I am leaning towards just installing disc brakes on the front. I have a 383 4 spd in it fyi.
what would you recommend with regards to this? can you tell me what to expect to pay for the kit?
Also, I want the car to handle better than factory so a suspension kit is in order. What are my options? I realize it all depends on what I want and how much money I want to spend but I guess I want to hear what the experts are hearing from their customers and narrow it down to best bang for my buck.
Any help with this would be appreciated!

I'm going to guess, Your car didn't come of the line with big block and 4 speed.
Improved handling doesn't come from soft parts. Moogs offset upper bushings may be the exception.
Handling comes from springs/torsion bars, stabilizer bar(s), and more modern shock absorbers.
For every tiny but of difference in handling that comes from hard poly bushings, you get as much or more vibration transmitted to the chassis/body/seats. Some of the hard bushings squeak too.
So for my opinion, What a 383 'S' build came with ( K-H front disc brakes and front stabilizer bar ) or better. OEM type rubber bushings all around, plus those offset upper bushings.

I'm going to guess, Your car didn't come of the line with big block and 4 speed.
Improved handling doesn't come from soft parts. Moogs offset upper bushings may be the exception.
Handling comes from springs/torsion bars, stabilizer bar(s), and more modern shock absorbers.
For every tiny but of difference in handling that comes from hard poly bushings, you get as much or more vibration transmitted to the chassis/body/seats. Some of the hard bushings squeak too.
So for my opinion, What a 383 'S' build came with ( K-H front disc brakes and front stabilizer bar ) or better. OEM type rubber bushings all around, plus those offset upper bushings.
You're right about the
Thanks for the advice! Where is the best place to get these items you suggested?

I am sorry that I missed your message. We offer 2 types of front end kits either oem rubber or Polygraphite. If you are looking for better than stock handling I would suggest Polygraphite. Poly has less deflection than rubber so it will provide quicker response and better handling. Once you decide what type you want to then decide waht front end kit you want. We have either a standard kit or a super kit. The super kit is the best bang for the buck as it contains all the wearable parts for your front end. As for the brake conversion we offer 2 types. First is our own kit which updates the front control arms to the A body 73-76. Then the next is the Wilwood kit this retains your stock control arms and spindles. All of this can be found on our website www.p-s-t.com. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also take advantage off the 10% off your order for being a member of the forum.

Thanks
James

-
Back