1967 Belvedere 1 start

-
I love my A-Body , but would love to find one like this. It looks awesome to me. I would really like to find 3 for that 1100 you speak of. Either I'm not looking in the right place, or North Carolina is the wrong place to buy a car. Anyway as far as colors, my 65 Barracuda is gold on gold. I generally don't like to change from the original, but really like the ivory with the gold stripe. That was an original color, and I have no plans of selling her anyway. As someone said, it can always be changed if you don't like it, or in my case, if I screw up when painting, For a 100 I can repaint the car. Good luck.

I love my A-Body , but would love to find one like this. It looks awesome to me. I would really like to find 3 for that 1100 you speak of. Either I'm not looking in the right place, or North Carolina is the wrong place to buy a car. Anyway as far as colors, my 65 Barracuda is gold on gold. I generally don't like to change from the original, but really like the ivory with the gold stripe. That was an original color, and I have no plans of selling her anyway. As someone said, it can always be changed if you don't like it, or in my case, if I screw up when painting, For a 100 I can repaint the car. Good luck.

$1100 buy 2-3 project cars here..... early a slant cars!!!!!! not b bodies. I figure a non running complete early a car here will is worth bout $500, with scrap prices down, maybe not that. but still many guys vision it as a possible BJ mega $$ car! ha till they find out, NOT!

project car hunting I fun game!? not really! but like I say, people will buy a project, haul it home, take it half apart, pay too much to begin with maybe, THEN they need/want to sell, and wow! they can't get their $$ back out. HUH!!! its apart, paid too much to begin with, or they want to make a little profit! ha

ask how long has it been for sale? has any one waved any $$ under their nose!????? If it s a car I want and I feel its overpriced, I just try to make an offer and not insult them or p*** them off. someone p***s me off, and I t ell them to hit the road, and don't return. sorry.

66-7 b body???? if a restored driver quality car sells for say $7500, then a project car, is not worth $2500 ? unless maybe its a complete, solid, running v8 car I figure. even then $2500 is maybe stretching it!!! or buy one from the salt belt with serious rust/ frame issues, it ain't worth squat. better of the go to the bank and take out loan, buy a nice "done" $7500 car, or find a good car further West and pay the shipper man.????? IMO

what about some kinda two tone or a flat color? (sorta rat it out..)

the guy the guy I got it from , did a little filler work on fornt of a fender and he primer some of it in flat black, THEN.... the young guy I got it from, after his wife tells him to sell it OR else.... rattle caned the rest in flat! course second guy, didn't bother to even scuff it or wife it down, so his rattle can is flaking off! ha sorry, but.....

i'm not a fan of flat hot rod black. black epoxy primer has to have protection of a paint or sealer anyway....... not gonna pay

money for flat black paint..... just not me.....

silver is pretty and if I do it, I will apply extra coats as I know from experience silver is a " thin" paint. I can't see tan door panels and silver!

break over.. back to welding and 50 mph winds today.

that light yellow is growing on me but NEVER have been fan of yellow. maybe......

Lighter shades like whites and yellows hide imperfections very well.

Just remember too, stupid high paint can screw up just as easily as stupid cheap paint. Sometimes easier.

I remember seeing a 70 Dart in a magazine years ago - the guy had radiused and flared the wheel wells - red covers imperfections surprisingly well

I know this is a 66 and the "light blue" cc-1 color wasn't available in 67, but this will give you an idea of what a really light color one looks like.

Attachments

• belvedere 002.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 140
I know this is a 66 and the "light blue" cc-1 color wasn't available in 67, but this will give you an idea of what a really light color one looks like.

we ALL have colors we love and hate, I hate baby poo blue, and love B3, a silvery med shade of blue. I would say red or maroon seems to hide blems better than say, dark blue, which hides nothing, almost as bad a s black. I love maroon, but the 65 dart is maroon, it was plenty rough, but for a driver turned out pretty decent even though I fabed the rear wheel opening patches. tan int could go with it too. .

some colors look better to me on a smaller car and some seem to look better on the bigger ones. I love the plain ness of white, but I have 65 cuda I plan to keep, and another white car, which may or may not be a keeper. 3 would be a lot of white! ha

I appreciate all the input. I might order primer and get paint later. I will need to drop in the eng /trans in first part of Mar as I have NO concrete or cherry picker,.. hoist attached to the rafter is poor boys method, and the eng can get in the way with no way to move it! except putting it in the car. ha

Nice cool belvedere I've always liked the way they look painted silver. My 67 bevedere was originally red. Dustin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 83
-
Back