1967 Cuda Convert question??

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
Freind of a friend has this car and he says that it came with front discs from the factory Does anyone know if this is fact?? thanks

Kelsey Hayes 4 piston was an option.

When was you BB built Dan?
I imagine the Darts were similar to the Barracudas and when the 383 was ordered you also had to get the disc brakes?
Any other options?

All factory big block Darts and Barracudas came from the factory with manual disc brakes. The 5 of them that I have owned stopped better than any of the later ones I owned!

All factory big block Darts and Barracudas came from the factory with manual disc brakes. The 5 of them that I have owned stopped better than any of the later ones I owned!

My 67 GTS has power brakes and it is on the broad cast sheet.
When was you BB built Dan?
I imagine the Darts were similar to the Barracudas and when the 383 was ordered you also had to get the disc brakes?
Any other options?

Mine is a 67 GTS the disc brakes HD torsion bars and a few other items where part of the GTS package.

Attachments

• DSC06549 - Copy.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00031.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 128
OOPs I omitted this he has a 273 small block NOT a big block, could it still have had disc brakes??

OOPs I omitted this he has a 273 small block NOT a big block, could it still have had disc brakes??
Yes, it was an option on other engine sizes too. Even a slant 6 car could have them. The big block A-bodies came with disc brakes in '67 but then it was an option in '68.....go figure. My understanding is that the first A-body disc's came as a dealer installed option in late '65 and a factory installed option in '66.

Yes, it was an option on other engine sizes too. Even a slant 6 car could have them. The big block A-bodies came with disc brakes in '67 but then it was an option in '68.....go figure. My understanding is that the first A-body disc's came as a dealer installed option in late '65 and a factory installed option in '66.
Thanks Mark I appreciate yours and others comments setting me straight, I didnt think they DID have discs good thing I didn't put any money on it....

Correct on the disc- also in 67 the trip on the speedo, 120 or 150, was standard, and the electric windshield washer was standard. There were a few items standard on the 67s that was not on the 68s.

-
Back