1967 'Cuda Emblem Help

-

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda with a freshly rebuilt 360ci, console shift Torqueflite auto and 8-3/4" rear. The car is painted 2007 Nissan "R12- Liquid Copper." It's in good shape, but missing emblems and in need of some interior resto. I really need help sourcing some emblems that are missing from the car. I need the "P L Y M O U T H" lettering that goes across the front of the nose. I also need the two front fender emblems. The car was originally a 273/auto car. I'd appreciate any help you all could provide. Pictures or links would be awesome. Thank in advance!

Chris

PS: Pics of the car in the welcome section soon to follow. :D

Hey guys, I just picked up a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda with a freshly rebuilt 360ci, console shift Torqueflite auto and 8-3/4" rear. The car is painted 2007 Nissan "R12- Liquid Copper." It's in good shape, but missing emblems ans in need of some interior resto. I really need help sourcing some that are missing from the car. I need the "P L Y M O U T H" lettering that goes across the front of the nose. I also need the two front fender emblems. The car is originally a 273/auto car. I'd appreciate any help you all could provide. Pictures or links would be awesome. Thank in advance!

Chris

PS: Pics of the car in the welcome section soon to follow. :D

Got my "P L Y M O U T H " from Laysons

Contact Rick@Laysons here on FABO

He is a good guy to work with.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I sent Rick a PM. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon so i can get some emblems on the car. Do you guys have any pics of the emblems for the front fenders? There's currently only the hood and trunk "fish" on the car. Are there any I'm missing aside from the fenders and hood?

Here's all I have on mine

DSCF2566_Medium_.jpg

Thanks a lot Tony, that really helps! I hope I don't have too hard of a time finding these things. Check out the pics posted in the Welcome Wagon too! :D

Here is a pic of mine. Let me know if you need more. I also have a service manual w/detailed drawings if needed.

Attachments

• more cuda pics 004.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 170
Here is a pic of mine. Let me know if you need more. I also have a service manual w/detailed drawings if needed.

That helps too, thanks! I see that there's also a small emblem on the front fenders directly in front of the front tire? Do you happen to have any pics of drawings of those? Would you know off hand of any place to purchase any NOS or quality reproductions of these emblems? I need pretty much all of them. :(

I believe there could be 3 or maybe 4 emblems on your fender depending on what it is. If it is a formula "S" then you will have a round emblem with an "S" in the center I believe that is in front of the front tire. You could also have a small rectangular emblem that I believe is mounted to the rear of the wheel well that says "v8" with a small fish on it. Then of course there are the fish and script emblems that are pictured above. I may have some fish and barracuda emblems, Im not sure if they are for 67 or 68 though. Pm me if interested

4spdragtop

If you are talking about the retangular emblem between the door and the tire you may want to check out Year One. They have a lot of the emblems. Also the small one at the bottom of the fender is a Mopar pentastar. That only goes on one side, passenger, and is also available.

I believe there could be 3 or maybe 4 emblems on your fender depending on what it is. If it is a formula "S" then you will have a round emblem with an "S" in the center I believe that is in front of the front tire. You could also have a small rectangular emblem that I believe is mounted to the rear of the wheel well that says "v8" with a small fish on it. Then of course there are the fish and script emblems that are pictured above. I may have some fish and barracuda emblems, Im not sure if they are for 67 or 68 though. Pm me if interested

4spdragtop

As far as I know the car isn't a Formula S, just a Barracuda. It was originally a 273/auto car. There's mounting holes on the front fenders for the fish and script "Barracuda." I'll send you a PM now. Thanks!

Here are some pics from the service manual. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSCN1014.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN1015.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN1016.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN1017.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN1018.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 185
Sorry the pics are a bit fuzzy, as i'm a little shakey this morning (maybe a few too many beers w/ scotch last night!). Let me know if you need clearer pics. Also, there is no pic in the manual about where to locate the pentastar.
We are all in this together, brother! Good luck with your car! BTW, really like the color!

Sorry the pics are a bit fuzzy, as i'm a little shakey this morning (maybe a few too many beers w/ scotch last night!). Let me know if you need clearer pics. Also, there is no pic in the manual about where to locate the pentastar.
We are all in this together, brother! Good luck with your car! BTW, really like the color!

Don't you dare apologize, haha. Pics are great and very helpful! I love the color of the car too, it's what drew me to it initially.

So there are mounting holes on the rear quarters too it looks like. What emblems go there?? Having a hard time finding any of these unfortunately... :( Any help out there?

So there are mounting holes on the rear quarters too it looks like. What emblems go there?? Having a hard time finding any of these unfortunately... :( Any help out there?

You should not have emblems on the quarters at all.

Just holes for the U-shaped bumper brackets.

-
Back