1967 Dart 270

-
Nice area. I don't get out there often. Maybe we'll be at the same cruise this summer, or something. All the Mopar people I know are on the west end, so I'll probably drive out that way more than not. Marcus Dairy Saturday nights, etc.

Nice area. I don't get out there often. Maybe we'll be at the same cruise this summer, or something. All the Mopar people I know are on the west end, so I'll probably drive out that way more than not. Marcus Dairy Saturday nights, etc.

I do hit the Berlin Turnpike every saturday if I have free time.

Excellent- Picked up a set of Duster buckets, Hurst shifter and some trunk trim from one of the board members.

Seat covers have been ordered from Legendary!

I knew I had seen that car before !!!! It was local to me !!
Great ride.. cant wait to see what you come up with for it !

-RPM

The front and rear seat covers are in from Legendary along with the hinge covers, very nice! Collected some other odds and ends too.

Might race the car next month at the Valley, Ralph is having a musclecar shootout day on the 24th and I might run the car as is to get a baseline for fun.

The parts collecting.... continues! wo0hoO!

Attachments

• DSCN4575a.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 628
RHS heads came in yesterday and I talked to the bodyshop about taking the car in soon.

Started stripping the car this week to be sent to the body shop!

Pulled the grill and front bumper, hood trim and letters.

Ordered tires, paint, exhaust system, gaskets, repro battery and a pile of other odds and ends.

Pulled the heads of the magnum engine, got the shortblock in the garage and ordered oil pump, timing chain and freezeplug set.

Been raining parts here this week!

All the tires are in as is the exhaust system from summit, a package from eastwood, a reproduction battery, the clips for the front windshield (521 restorations,) oil pump, timing gear and freeze plug kit from rock auto, a new set of hog ring pliers (wore out the old set)

Stripped down the magnum shortblock the other day, pistons and rods now in the soup being degreased.

After a dump run and trip to Lowes this morning I'll be back at it..

Attachments

• DSCN4760x.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 566
Oh, and this-

HEL-55905 TUBULAR SWAY BARS

Will be in shortly.

Stuff I still need to get a handle on-

Order rings, bearings and engine gasket set.
Order door gaskets and window felts, hood seals
Get a used mini starter (ebay? local?)
Brake shoes, seals, hardware and stout front pads. (have pads!)
New pedal covers for the clutch/brake (ordered, Brewers)
Screw kit (ebay)
lug nuts (ebay)
Send out magnum cams for regrinding.
Find fuel pump block off plate in garage and old fuel pump
Order RPM metal protectant
Check attic for clutch hardware needed (missing! did find a few adjustment rods and balls)
Upper control arm bushings, master kit maybe?
Valve cover grommet set, thermostat (check garage again)
Rad hoses and belts
Windshield gasket (still on backorder?)
Battery hold down.

Home with a sore back today so I puttered around the living room. Took the four gold door panels, stripped the hardware off, cleaned with steel wool, cleaned panels and then painted.

Well three are painted, the fourth is warped in one spot from water and I have a wet rag on it with a heavy weight to warp it back.

Important lessons- Hot glue works better than mopar trim adhesive and don't use a heat gun to speed up the drying time!

As you can see in the picture the gold panel is "tight" and the black one is now very loose and poofy looking. I'm hoping it will shrink again over time, I really didn't think I got it that warm!

It took many fine coats till the gold did not show through, I used Plasticoat 411. It isn't marked as being gloss black but is rather glossy, too much for my taste.

Yesterday all I did was organize parts that I had already and figured out what I'm missing. A bunch of 4-speed stuff I use to have got sold and I had to source the missing pieces... On the other hand, I did find a set of brake pads I ordered several months ago..

Attachments

• DSCN4763b.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCN4764b.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 535
Props to Mike at B/E & A for getting my 4-speed parts out!

How come you seem to be from CT but in one shot you have Idaho plate on the car?

How come you seem to be from CT but in one shot you have Idaho plate on the car?

That is where the car was located when I found it.

The door panels have settled down nicely, after sitting overnight they have "tightened" back up! sweet!

Painting the last door panel now, greased, clean and painted the clutch pedals.

Painted the rear armrests, cleaned the bases and ashtrays.

Considering painting the armrest bases "chrome" will start with 2 coats of gloss black, then a coat or two of chrome and then a final coating of Eastwoods gloss clear.

Sweet! Just won a firewall gasket set off Ebay for $15

Hellwig swaybay arrived! Engine kit on order!

Did some shopping tonight and picked up some gloss black and "chrome" paint. The chrome paint has a very nice sheen to it but having problems painting the armrest bases.

There is a lot of "outgassing" or fisheye, tried sanding and using plastic prep but it is still happening like mad. Cleaned the paint off with carb clean and will try again tomorrow with a primer first. Anyone else have this problem?

Used rustoleum plastic primer and it seems to have done the trick. Fogged three light coats onto the bases and everything seems fine. Will let sit overnight before "chroming" the bases.

Satin cleared the pedals and attached the last of the stainless trim to the door panels. Pulled some of the gutter trim off the car tonight.

Parts from Brewers are in! Clutch release arm, boot, firewall boot, pit pack clips and washers and pedal covers. Great Service!

Attachments

• DSCN4768.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 558
  • DSCN4766.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 533
Picture of new four speed parts, not happy with quality of shifter rods. They may go back but I'm going to research a little bit before going there.

The bushing don't bother me so much, the linkage fits very sloppy in the shifter and not at all on the reverse rod.

Attachments

• DSCN4769.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCN4770.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 551
Ok some work today- Pulled off the rear bumper and tail lamps, the letters on the rear quarters and emptied the trunk out.

Armrests- Painted with Duplicolor CS-101 "chrome" paint. Dries wicked fast! Tried clearing with Eastwoods Diamond clear gloss and that did not work so good! If going to use the chrome paint, avoid clearing after!

Not as good as "the real thing" but I'm not trying to fully restore, just resurrect my old street machine ;-)

Another coat of clear to the pedals, I missed a few spots.

Picked up a Radio Shack Optimus AM/FM Cassette deck with CD/MP3 jack off Ebay. It was not working right but I was able to repair. Fits the dash with minor triming.

Attachments

• DSCN4776.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN4777.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN4779.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 552
-
Back