1967 Dart Convertible top installation

-

RJDugan

Reaction score
Has anybody tried there hand at installing a new top on there project, if so how hard is it and is there any tips or videos out there ?

Will be doing mine soon... after reading all the pros/cons I have decided to let a pro do it- someone who does it for a living. Not only knows all the tricks but has also dealt with issues/problems that may arise and knows how to resolve. Been there-done that goes a long way in my book.
Have seen a few "owner installed" tops and have yet to be impressed. Nothing like a nice tight/proper fitting convertible top.
Worth the addtl $ JMO

There are a few threads aleady here on this subject... do a search. Heres one:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=194870

I had the top on my GTS done by a shop. They did a lousy job. I did the top on a LeBaron convertible. I did a lousy job. I will probably do the top on my Barracuda, but pay a better shop to do the GTS next time around.

Has anybody tried there hand at installing a new top on there project, if so how hard is it and is there any tips or videos out there ?

Had a top put on my 67 coronet and they did bad job. I know now to pick a better installer and see some of their work

There are 2 installers in the Indianapolis area I would highly recommend, I know this doesn't help you, but you can find someone in your area that can and will do a pro job.

Getting the back corners done are hard to do. Without wrinkles

If it is a daily driver try it yourself, if a nicer car at least get some help from someone that has done it before, but I would pay to have it installed.

My 2 cents

-
Back