1967 Dart Power Steering Pump

-

maurice_meyer

'67 Dodge Dart GT Convert
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1967 Dodge Dart Convertible with a 273/2 barrel with a leaky power steering pump. The car is a daily driver so I'd like to minimize the down time. What I do now is keep spares of a lot of parts myself so I can change things out without having to wait around. Problem is: I can't seem to find a new pump for the car.

So, I'm looking for the best option to get another power steering pump to go into this car. Could be either:
  1. A new/rebuilt one that fits the same mounting hardware.
  2. A rebuildable core that fits the same mounting hardware.
  3. A new/rebuilt one with a different set of mounting hardware.
Etc. So ideally the same one but if that's too hard to come by retrofitting a later model one is OK too. In the end I want to have two that I alternate installing and rebuilding. Here are some pictures of what I have now.

Thanks for any help

Maurice

IMG_8417.JPG
IMG_8418.JPG
IMG_8419.JPG

Just a heads-up; Keep in mind that the pulley will be harder to find than the pump. Take care when extracting the old one and take your time.

I envy you for having a 67 convertible for a daily driver. That looks to be what's called a small trw pump. And you have the 69 and earlier cast iron water pump. If you could find a Saginaw pump, bracket and pulley from 69 or earlier small block that would be great as new pumps are much easier and cheaper to find. I haven't had any luck finding those brackets. The 70 and later brackets won't fit cast iron pump. If you want, I may be able to find a 67 trw pump and brackets like yours. Need to call a friend and ask what his price is.

-
Back