Status
Not open for further replies.

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a nice set of 1967 Barracuda fastback front AND rear windshield trim. Nice original is good, already restored is better. Please let me know what you have available. Thank you.

Chris in NY

67 cars did not have any trim on the windows, it was just a plastic insert that went into the rubber channel thst had a chrome ribbon on it. 68/69 cars had the stainless trim, but to use it you will need to change the rubber gaskets, and add the clips.

To elaborate on what Cosgig said, in 1967 the trim consisted of fake chrome plastic "lock strip" that set in a groove in the rubber seal, with stainless steel corner pieces. There is no "good original" available because the plastic only lasted a year or two before it started shrinking, cracking and turning yellow. When it shrank, the corner pieces fell off and were lost. "Reproduction" lock strip is sold — some of it might even fit — but it doesn't last any better than the original stuff. Stainless 90º corners are available, but not the funny angled piece for the center of the back window.

Most serious restorers install the stainless steel moldings that replaced the plastic in 1968 and 1969. To use these, you have to remove the glass, install a series of clips around the openings, and install new 1968-69 rubber seals. But then you can forget about it forever.

Looking for a nice set of 1967 Barracuda fastback front AND rear windshield trim. Nice original is good, already restored is better. Please let me know what you have available. Thank you.

Chris in NY
I believe parts4u@aol had front?

Sometimes I forget how awesome a resource this forum is. Thank you guys! I’m very nervous taking this rear glass out. It’s not exactly a shelf item.

@barracudakid lots of hard to find parts on my car came from your stash. Send me a PM with pics and price if you can.

the 4 short pieces are listed in exterior parts
i have the long bottom piece to complete the set

Heres pics of proper stuff I have on shelf. Note the profile, also if you buy new Precision is the ONLY mfg. Make sure whomever you buy from that it's a Precision product. One hint visually is the Precision mylar lockstrip wont roll up. Its fairly rigid/stiff.

20230313_183251.jpg

20230313_183341.jpg

20230313_183418.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back