1967 FB Barracuda Formula S 4 speed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are crazy? What rock did that guy crawl out from under
15k unrestored 30 to 40k restored, it's not 2007 anymore
These cars don't sell for that now

I like the car, no doubt.
The problem, beyond bodywork, etc, is if you want it to be worth all the money after restoring it, you need to find all of the correct parts. The radiator alone is very difficult to find.
Determine what is missing, add up the cost and the time, and that should help determine a price you feel comfortable with.

If you are not going for a restoration, or to make money on the thing, pay what you would for a transplanted 383 car and drive the heck out of it!

For 67s, you can get the IBM buildcard from Chrysler for $45, and it will have the sequence number that is stamped in the body X2 and the VIN- problem solved.

Also, get the assembly date numbers stamped into the block below the distributor. It will tell you the year and engine, s/b C383, and below that is the assembly date, day and month.
The engine assembly date s/b within a week of the IBM card's actual shipping date.

The engine casting date s/b anywhere from well before the car's build date and the engine's assembly date, to extremely close.

Hope that helps.

I looked through everything I ever saved on 67 Barracudas, and I almost thought I found something on this one.

Check out this fender tag- the sequence number is 1 digit before the one in this thread.
The scheduled shipping date is 2 weeks after, 4/19.

Although they are only scheduled shipping dates, and most would agree that the sequence numbers were not in, well, sequence- you can't get any closer!

Attachments

• 41902190.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 187
Hi Mate. Welcome.
I have a 67 Formula S too. I think you have a solid foundation to work with and if you can get the numbers game sorted out , well that will add to the cars value.
Its not easy to find a Formula S Barracuda , especially a 1967 model.
Its true that muscle car prices have gone down in recent years but its always been like that and will continue to go up and down.
Is there any photos of the VIN Tag, should be on the drivers A pillar , you'll see it when you open the door. That's the main tag you need as this tag cant be replaced or remanufactured.
I am currently going through the process of getting the Fender tag, Its an pretty easy process , just a bill of sale or Title copy and a pencil rubbing of the VIN tag, but they are not accepting any further applications until September.

as mentioned in the earlier posts, you need the Certicard/IBM copy of the build sheet and someone on here can help decode it. This is only about $50 to get but again they are not taking any orders at the moment.
Once you have this and confirmed that the numbers are correct you can get data tags or galen to make a new one.

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]At this time we are still unable to accept credit cards, but we are working to rectify the situation. I hope to have another pay option in the next couple of months, specifically for persons outside the United States like you. Also, at this time we are not answering requests due to the fact that we are undergoing an extensive inventory of the archives. We will begin answering requests again by September 1[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]st[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]. I hope to have the payment system rectified by then.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused and look forward to hearing from you again in September.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Regards,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Brandt Rosenbusch[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Manager – Historical Services[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Chrysler Group LLC[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Hope this helps and the main thing is- your happy with it. I think its cool.[/FONT][/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back