1967 valiant 440 swap

-

robs 67plymouth

motown graffiti crusier
Reaction score
i have 67 signet want to put 440 727 in . i have manual steer , shumaker kit ,
will it fit in without moving anything. can i use my same tranny mount for 727 , im gonna use stock exhaust manif from my 72 400 for now if they fit ,they drop in middle of head thanks for any info also is orig v8 car with 273 2 brrl

just found out the tranny has a e brake on it. do i just have to get different tail section to put right on its all out of 74 motorhome

I have done this swap several times and the best manifolds I have found are the ones from a 70s full size station wagon with a 400. The passengers side is an easy fit, and on the drivers side all you have to do is cut the bottom two inches off the steering column housing and the manifold wraps right around it like it was factory made. Both manifolds exit out at the firewall and clear everything, so even a 2.5 to 3 inch exhaust pipe will fit.

Anybody got a part number for these manifolds?

I have done this swap several times and the best manifolds I have found are the ones from a 70s full size station wagon with a 400. The passengers side is an easy fit, and on the drivers side all you have to do is cut the bottom two inches off the steering column housing and the manifold wraps right around it like it was factory made. Both manifolds exit out at the firewall and clear everything, so even a 2.5 to 3 inch exhaust pipe will fit.

I don't know what manifolds he is talking about, but full size manifolds came a few different ways. The best fit is actually 68-73 B/E body HP manifolds (see the tech pages at www.bigblockdart.com).

I have a similar situation "440 with motor home trans" swap into 67 barracuda . Can you swap the tail shaft to an A body tail shaft? Sorry for the highjack.

It can be swapped, but just get a car 727. The parts you need have to come from a car tranny anyway, the tranny has to stripped right down to swap it, so just get the right tranny. And the Governors in those ones suck too.

-
Back