1967 valiant cuda?!

-
Oh c'mon guys. Converting a standard dash to accept a rallye gauge cluster isn't "nearly impossible". It's tedious, requires a lot of fitting, some welding, and is generally a pain in the a**, but it's not anything close to impossible. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. :D Now, I probably wouldn't do it again, but it's definitely possible even if I wouldn't recommend it. Way easier to switch the entire dash, as long as you find some of the correct rivets for that pesky VIN tag (that's illegal to remove, btw).

Here's a link to how I converted mine, plus a few pictures of what I started with and ended up with.
My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

Stock dash and gauges
IMG_1010_zps7ab7029d.jpg

stock dash with gauges removed
IMG_1011_zpsa4bd6f27.jpg

Dash after a lot of cutting, hammering, fitting, flanging, etc..
IMG_1078_zpse633346a.jpg

And the finished product, with the rallye gauge cluster and bezel that I refurbished myself and customized to take care of some of the issues that came up with the conversion (like the radio not being mounted in the same place in the dash) Anyway, it's all in my build thread. The dash part starts at the link I posted above, here's a link to where the gauge bezel refurb starts My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head. The whole thread is linked in my signature.

IMG_5170_zps9709f862.jpg

IMG_5176_zps782af97e.jpg

-
Back