-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 170 CID slant six crank with the large converter pocket in the end of the crank. Two years, only, 1968 and 1969. Diameter of the pocket should be 1.81 inches. Diameter of the wrong (1960-1967) crank is 1.55 inches.

Charlie,

Is there enough meat to machine the pocket?

sb

Yes, but no machine shop in my area is willing to to it. I have actually though about setting the crank in a bare block and making a fixture to mount to the back of the block (trans bolt holes), and mounting a grinder on the fixture, then rotate the crank. It is a lot to grind, but might be my only option, if I can't find a crank.

You need to find a new machine shop. This isnt highly technical for a machinist.

Bump to help find the crank. Did not mean to derail your search.

This is something (the machining of the crank pocket) I will have to do on my 170 unless I find a manual transmission for my 64.

sb

Bump to help find the crank. Did not mean to derail your search.

This is something (the machining of the crank pocket) I will have to do on my 170 unless I find a manual transmission for my 64.

sb
You will not need to do this, if you run a early trans, and converter. I am going to run the late big spline 904, and a high stall converter, and a affordable small pilot big spline converter is just not available any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back