1968/69 Plymouth Valient

-

DorkMobile

Reaction score
Noob here, and I recently sold a beloved '74 Ford E-100 for $200, and traded the shell of a Model A to get the '68 [with a '69 front clip] Valient. I drove the dorky little car home with very few problems..minus a cop laughing at me & the carb not getting enough fuel. It's now perched on the stilts in the drive way & I'm fixin' on going back to trade school, and looking for a few inexpensive upgrades. I've considered everything milling the heads down a bit,to adapting a house-socket boom-box to play the role of the radio! I'd like to keep it semi-original [no v-8's allowed here] while making it a tad faster.

So far I've only taken off the front fenders due to repairs [and to flush out ants], cut the power-steering belt [manual steering rules!!], taken a look at the drums [trashed] put the thing back in time, noticed I needed new master/wheel cylenders,some line, shoes, and 4 new drums. Oh. and I adjusted the carb,too! Tomarow...er today comes the disassembly of the interior, and attempt to correct the amount of play in the steering.

-
Back