1968 A727 transmission filter

-

LIONEL

Lio
Reaction score
Hi, one question about the transmission filter
I'm in the process to change oil and filter of automatic transmission : 1968 A727A PN/1B119168 with Turbo Action valve body PN/17166 and TCI alu deep pan TCI-128000
I'm surprise to see apparently that was the wrong small earlier filter for 62-65 A727 with two holes
Do i re-install a new same small filter ? or the larger with only one hole that normally fits for my 1968 A727 ?

position.jpg

small-filter.jpg

extension-filter.jpg

Capture d’écran 2023-03-14 à 20.13.10.png

Thanks for your reviews
I join some photos of the parts

Most aftermarket pans come with the earlier filter, probably a cost thing, but you can use either filter.

Hi Duster 346, thanks for your feedback
if I install a large one hole filter with my two holes filter extender, it's ok ?
or do I use one hole filter with one hole filter extender ? (photo joined)

Capture d’écran 2023-03-15 à 08.31.41.png
the small hole doesn't seem to correspond to an hydraulique way of the valve body (photo 1) of the first message

You can use the two hole filter extension and/or the two hole filter on a 1966-up transmission without a rear pump as the small rear pump hole in the filter and extension does nothing. You cannot use the one hole extension and filter on a 62-65 transmission with a rear pump, however.

ok, many thanks :thumbsup: for this precise feedback, I understood that the filter and/or 2-hole extension is only necessary before 66. I can therefore use my 2-hole extension and the filter with one hole that was delivered to me ( for 1968). considering that the small hole is useless, there will be no incidence on the flow of oil
Best regards
Lionel

-
Back