1968 AM Radio question......

-

Elwood67

Reaction score
I was wondering about the working AM thumbwheel style radio in my 68 Dart parts car. I know it says Dart solid state on it but what other models used this kind? It's not that specific is it? All 68's? Coronets, Polara's etc. I don't suppose it will work for any other year either will it? Thanks.

Attachments

• Buick 4 sale etc 016.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 173
I'd think it will work in a 69 Dart also....... probably only specific to the
Dart only model tho.

It is correct for 68 and 69 dart. it will fit in 68 and 69 Cuda but I'm thinking the Cuda one says Plymouth on the face plate.

My 69 RR was either the same or similar, IE thumbwheels. Don't know if they interchange.

It is correct for 68 and 69 dart. it will fit in 68 and 69 Cuda but I'm thinking the Cuda one says Plymouth on the face plate.

There is a different mounting tab on one of them but I can't recall which is which. I have always wondered if a face plate change would allow different thumb wheel radios to work. Most C bodies I have come across have a slanted face plate.

I know this wasn't a for sale ad but I want to mention that I sold the radio Thursday night and the rest of the parts car Sunday.

-
Back