1968 Barracuda 383 Big Block torque boxes ?????

-
I have a friend in Warner Robins, Georgia with an original 67 Hemi auto Charger. Well known local car and very well documented. It does not have torque boxes........well at least it did not come with them. Last I heard he was putting a 528 stroker hemi in it, so it might have them "now" as I've not seen him in a while.

Rhinodart seems to have an in as far as knowledge of torque boxes. Torque boxes were a hit and miss item especially in early 68. UAW strike had a lot of questionable assembly practices. I’ve seen 340/383 cars with torque boxes on all four corners, two in the rear, two in the front, one on the passenger side front and one on the driver side rear. Then there’s the 4 doors, cop cars, taxis etc.

This for 68 only. On 68 Barracuda all the 383 fastback cars I have seen or owned all had torque boxes. Autos rear only and 4 speed front and rear. I did have a 68 Barracuda 340 4 speed notchback had no torque boxes front or rear.

I believe 67 68 69 Barracudas some can with torque boxes and some did not. I do see more missing on 69 cars and more on notchback cars

-
Back