1968 barracuda 383 s 4 speed value

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ha guys i have a chance to buy a matching numbers 68 barracuda 383 furmula s 383 4 speed. The car needs minor body work and paint. The car has its window sticker and origanal spare tire and jack. the car runs rough but is complete. The guy is firm at 18000. The car is in canada but is a california car . am i getting a deal? thanks

Is that the gold notch?????

No under stand

I think Dave is asking if its a gold notchback??

Value?? Well thats a tough question without pics. What kind of documentation?? Cali cars can have rust too...not anywhere near the amount we get, but they can have rust. If it needs even a cosmetic freshening up(body/paint, interior pieces, rechrome bezel etc etc) you could be into another 15k. Bigblock 4spd "S" are getting hard to find. Also is the car within travelling distance from you?? If so thats a bonus(and worth $$ and peace of mind)....gotta figure if it was still in Cali how would you be able to check it out??

I think Dave is asking if its a gold notchback??

Value?? Well thats a tough question without pics. What kind of documentation?? Cali cars can have rust too...not anywhere near the amount we get, but they can have rust. If it needs even a cosmetic freshening up(body/paint, interior pieces, rechrome bezel etc etc) you could be into another 15k. Bigblock 4spd "S" are getting hard to find. Also is the car within travelling distance from you?? If so thats a bonus(and worth $$ and peace of mind)....gotta figure if it was still in Cali how would you be able to check it out??

The engine and trans match the last 6 numbers of the vin on the dash. And the number on the rad support. But i do not see any numbers matching the fender tag. Is this correct?thanks

Asking price for this restored beauty was $49,900.

A more reasonable price would have been $37,000.

18181267-770-0.jpg

The engine and trans match the last 6 numbers of the vin on the dash. And the number on the rad support. But i do not see any numbers matching the fender tag. Is this correct?thanks

Sounds correct, the 68 fender tags are different than 69's, so for me its a little harder to understand.(My S is a 69)
What is the 5th digit in the vin??

Sounds correct, the 68 fender tags are different than 69's, so for me its a little harder to understand.(My S is a 69)
What is the 5th digit in the vin??

I will find out by tommorow. Also the number 8 has a flat top in the vin. I am putting adown payment on the car today. Also what is involved in getting the car into a ont ownership. It now has a california paper but the guy has paper work that it cleared the boarder. thanks for the help.

sound like a lot of money for a project. What would your total investment be. and whats it worth when complete. If you have to ask others if its a deal its usually not. If your skeptical run away. Paint on a 40 year old car is never just a scuff and shoot. One surprise leads to another. Take someone with you that knows and never give money down. Once you commit yourself and leave sight of the car . You then lose your bargaining power and possibly parts that disappear.

$18000 is not a smoking deal on that car

I paid 8K for my project car. 68GTS 383 big block with numbers matching drivetrain, buildsheet, history etc.

Also, over the years I've seen ads from owners in Canada asking quite a bit of $$, more than the cars for sale in the states. There's a member here with a 68 Cuda asking about the same amount and the car is a runner.

I recently sold my 68 dart that i had for 17 years. That i restored. Lots of metal work due to rust. Around northern ont cars like this do not pop up often. Maybe i am paying a few grand tomuch. I am not expecting a smoking deal. I will get some pics asap thanks guys

-
Back