1968 barracuda color

-

bryan

Reaction score
I got a 1968 barracuda fastback that's in the body shop wont to know what you guys think about the color for the car I wont to go with candy apple green is this a good color for this car how about green with envy came on the 2011 dodge challenger

Candies are killer, but impossible to match if you ever get a scratch.

I got a 1968 barracuda fastback that's in the body shop wont to know what you guys think about the color for the car I wont to go with candy apple green is this a good color for this car

I don't know, but they'll probably laugh when you show up with that little girl's dress to match...

;)

I would say those bright wild colors look good on the coupe, but not so much on the fastback. The fastback really looks good in metallic colors -- that's why they offered so many metallics from the factory. The crazy colors were from the 70s, when fastbacks were passé.

I'm kind of partial to the "eggshell" white that was a staple back then......Then again, this is my 2nd '67 FB in W1 white.......

Like Candy green,done right. There are of newer car colors,based on a candy green base. If you go with a newer car color,at least it could be matched.Welcome.

Anyways,a stock green. 2010 Synergy Green (GM). Saw one in person,on a Chevy lot.....

Attachments

• synergygreen_edited-1_bRP.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 284
Bright green colors, candy type, on the early cars just don't do it for me, with a few exceptions.....Look's to late 70's ish. It's your car, so i'll support whatever you go with. I'm still a huge fan of 1970 F8 green. I have seen a few newer Toyota's though with a similar color to F8 cars that would work for me. Good luck with whatever you pick. A nice early Mopar, is a nice early Mopar, regardless.....

Welcome to the site! Hey it is your car so paint it the color you like. Too many of the factory colors were drab on the 68 Barracuda. I am probably going with plum crazy purple on my 68 Barracuda.

I've been contemplating colors for my '68 too and Green with Envy off the new Challenger was high on my list for a while.

Here is a photoshop I did to get an idea of how it would look on the car (not my car):

Just a thought, if you think you might ever want to sell it, pick a color that would not possibly turn off a buyer. Welcome to the site!

I think it looks fantastic!
If you car is not bone stock and dont care about originality then paint it and do what you like.
Awsum color, i saw go for it!!!

I am also looking to paint my Scamp green. It's harder then you think to find the right green. I like the one one you've chosen. Those wheels look great as well.

-
Back