1968 barracuda fastback question

-

Bddodge

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about a 1968 fast back barracuda. There is one about 5 and a half hours from me for pretty cheap but it's pretty rusty. I believe the seats are original, dash frame ( no cluster) fenders are there but need patched, no title, doors are there needs patched, 318 car and some chrome not all, grille is there, header panel is there and some other Misc stuff is there

I can get this for around $600 or so... Is it worth the trip over a rusty fastback in parts as it has no title?
Thanks

Maybe as a parts car to finish a more complete car. I did that with a 68 drug out of the woods just for a fender and a door.

Maybe as a parts car to finish a more complete car. I did that with a 68 drug out of the woods just for a fender and a door.

I was thinking that however do the parts sell good to recoup some money?

Go take a look, what is that, 200-300 miles? not bad really. What rear end? What transmission, etc... I doubt you will make any money, if you consider the time you put in...

I would say all depends on what's there for smaller parts and trim.
That seems to be where the parts money is since a lot is one year only.
Big parts are hard to sell just due to shipping costs, unless you are lucky to have interested parties within driving distance.
Good luck!

I bought a 68' out of a wrecking yard for 500 and made well over what I paid for by selling parts off if. It had about the same parts as you described

I bought a 67 fastback for $750, it was missing all the front end suspension, no front cross member, no engine, no trans. I parted it out and made around $3000.00. The ended up scrapping the trunk lid and a good chuck of the body because I live in S. Texas and could ship the big stuff.

treblig

I bought a 67 fastback for $750, it was missing all the front end suspension, no front cross member, no engine, no trans. I parted it out and made around $3000.00. The ended up scrapping the trunk lid and a good chuck of the body because I live in S. Texas and could ship the big stuff.

treblig
Yes, there is a lot more value there than meets the eye, and at 600 for mostly a complete car for parts it should be brainer. Certainly it is worth looking at. The Window trim and bucket seats pay for the car.

It all depends on how good you are fixing rust and doing major body work. If you are good at it, go for it. If not, RUN. You can sink a fortune into repairing a rusty car if you can't do it yourself.

It all depends on how good you are fixing rust and doing major body work. If you are good at it, go for it. If not, RUN. You can sink a fortune into repairing a rusty car if you can't do it yourself.
you can sink a fortune in finishing an in complete, one yr. only car too !

Thanks for the advice I will be setting this up to go and take a peak at it! I will keep you guys posted I appreciate all the positive feed back!!

-
Back