1968 Barracuda Fastback

-
Looks great man, I like the idea on finishing the "trunk" area. I plan to do the same to my Valiant. There will be a lot going back there eventually so...
I like it man..... Looks good.
By the way.. I'm orig. from Spokane. Sister still lives in Deer Park, Mother is in the West Port area.
I miss the mountains. Its too flat here at the beach!!!

Well I spent the majority of the day laying dynamat down in the doors, firewall, trunk and anywhere else I thought would be useful.. Wish I would have spent the money on dynamat before carpet but I think the areas I did do will help out quite a bit.. More pictures tomorrow after work!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! Makes me that much more proud.. Getting alignment, cut buff and wax today can't wait to see how good it looks after the cut/buff session

Well good new and bad news, good news is she got her first wax job and looks great (shown in pics below) bad news is she needs a new pitman and idler arm before it can get an alignment.. hopefully theyll be shipping them out tomorrow!

sure looks good all waxed up! next post, old school project pics.

well i said it once and ill say it again...you did an amazing job transforming that cuda!!!way to save a car!!

First paint:

The color I WAS going to paint it:

Interior Paint:

First day back from paint:

Custom door panels:

Headliner & Carpet install:

Engine:

Engine in, Fresh Paint:

Window Tint:

came across some old photos of the first two cuda restores.. enjoy! :toothy10:

White Notchback:

Blue Fastback:

Fantastic looking. Very nice! I have been thinking about tinting m windows like that and yours looks great. I have some work to do before worrying about windows though !

No, no thread for pics on mine yet. It is original paint that is very sun abused. I believe the car came from a junk yard in California, the roof is mostly surface rust but the rest of it looks like it would rub out to a shine. I have my drive train in it but that is as far as I have gotten. Hopefully this spring it will breathe life.

Nice B'cuda, I must say I never thought orange would look good on one but man that shade you got on her looks sweet! What is the colour called? Another thing I like about the work thats been done to her that you dont see a lot of guys doing is that you sealed the entire interior metal, roof and all with a coat of paint which I think is a smart move.

Thanks man, the paint is called arancia borealis, its a 2008 lambo color. I wasn't going to go orange originally but after seeing it in the first paint I chose I wanted something that's a little more stand out-ish and always have seen the vitamin c on mopars so I thought I'd go close but a little different. As far as the sealant areas go I used por15 rust preventative paint, great for being out here in the rainy northwest.. Don't have to worry so much about her getting wet. Thanks for the positive feedback always appreciated!

No, no thread for pics on mine yet. It is original paint that is very sun abused. I believe the car came from a junk yard in California, the roof is mostly surface rust but the rest of it looks like it would rub out to a shine. I have my drive train in it but that is as far as I have gotten. Hopefully this spring it will breathe life.

Sounds like its in decent shape to start, have fun with it & take lots of pictures to share!

thank you butterball! :-D

here's some more random photos:

Interior photos:

Night time photos:

Primer in paint booth:

We had a great day today here in the Seattle area so to celebrate I took the ol girl around quite a bit.. Had to adjust the carb on and off as well so that was just the excuse I needed to go do some ripping, SUNSHINE PICS!!! :glasses7:

really nice car. and the weather looked spectacular for a little romp session. the car looks awesome in that color in the sunshine. nicejob. and i mean niiiiiiiiiice job.

So this weekend I plan on replacing the Idler arm and Pitman arm, anybody have any knowledge they can give me some advice? never messed with them before but im pretty sure one of them will be a pain in the ***.. thanks for any insight ;P

-
Back