1968 Barracuda Fastback

-

orange68cuda

3 Barracuda Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to share my project and get some thoughts on it.. Bought the car in 08 for $500 been slowly restoring it ever since and it's almost done. thought these days would never come. A well built 318 is under the hood for now, planning on doing either a 408 stroker or a 5.7 Hemi swap very soon, 727 Trans, 8 3/4 rear, Car is a original 318 AT car, deluxe options, etc etc.. Thoughts, opinions and questions always welcomed!!

http://www.motortopia.com/cars/20254 - Gallery

Looks good.

If I can make one suggestion…… Paint the area behind the grill black, that's how it was done at the factory.

congrats on the progress, looks great!

I wish my 67 was close to being roadworthy, I am just sick of shoveling snow!!

Bob

Looks good.

If I can make one suggestion…… Paint the area behind the grill black, that's how it was done at the factory.

yup that was the plan.. painter didnt get the message or misunderstood me #-o just not too high on the priority list nowadays just trying to get her licensed and on the road :-k

Looks good.

I second that. The orange paint is going to obfuscate the grill. I ended up blacking out mine (after being freshly painted) and the grill looks much, much better....

I like their gallery options but I'm with ya, Ill post some pictures over the weekend so there's no stupid registration elsewhere. .

She's a beauty.Keep us posted with some pics.saw your other threads,sounds really nice!!8)

Thumbs up on your Cuda ! Way better than the before pic. I agree with the blackout behind the grille. I do have a suggestion / comment if I may, Between the tail lamps is body color and I am curious if black or silver would look better. Maybe someone can photoshop it for you.

Maybe someone can confirm if they originally came body color. I will need to know this also.

So you went from a MT to an Auto? I like both.

Very Nice car!

Thumbs up on your Cuda ! Way better than the before pic. I agree with the blackout behind the grille. I do have a suggestion / comment if I may, Between the tail lamps is body color and I am curious if black or silver would look better. Maybe someone can photoshop it for you.

Maybe someone can confirm if they originally came body color. I will need to know this also.

So you went from a MT to an Auto? I like both.

Very Nice car!

MT was a typo, must have been thinking about what i was going to do, or want to do.. not so sure about between the tail lamps/trims, pretty sure they came body color, i like it but it would be interesting to see it in black & we'll see about behind the grill, nerve wracking thinking of taking it back apart and spraying #-o

So I pulled out the old school pictures of when I first bought my 68 cuda, the first picture is unfortunately the only one I can find of her fully together.. the following are pictures of tear down (the fun stuff)

Passenger side had a collision at some point in its life so the front fender was pulled off for body work and the door was replaced, rear quarter panel was also replaced with a new panel from laysons.. minor collision repair needed to be done on the rear fender well as well..

Other than that trunk lid, front fascia, hood and all other panels looked to be in good shape (under the bondo and repaint) definitely put some body work hours into her.

0312081645.jpg

l_06c4336590791295b29bfdaeb603b53a.jpg

l_6768b56cae0377085aff5b0163370d7d.jpg

l_d6a02248a4c8ada64600beb66b1d67cf.jpg

just got back from a little drive, running awesome.. even got to let em loose and get sideways on more than one occasion. she is one fun ride!

Just got done pre-fabbing my trunk panels check it out! going to be getting some board and carpet to cover them later on, cardboard for now! 8)

img00128201002131636.jpg

img00129201002131641.jpg

img00130201002131642.jpg

img00131201002131642.jpg

-
Back