1968 Barracuda fender script

-

CudaLou

67 Barracuda
Reaction score
Finishing up the restoration of my 68 Barracuda. Apparently there are 2 different types of fender script for a 68. My car was built on october 15, if that helps. One kind is all chrome and another has black out. Does anyone know what the reason for the two different scripts is, and which one is correct for my car. Also, it is a formula S if that has anything to do with it. thanks,
Lou

HUH..... My 68 has different mounting holes on each fender. I couldn't figure it out.... thought maybe someone had drilled a marker light hole in a 67 fender... So I have solid chrome script on one side and black outline script on the other..

Hah, you have the best of both worlds. Im hoping someone can tell me why there is a difference.

Maybe one fender is off a formula s and holes drilled for the badge and the other is a regular fender with no holes drilled for the s badge. Someone told me the script could be different for s cars and non s cars ???

Finishing up the restoration of my 68 Barracuda. Apparently there are 2 different types of fender script for a 68. My car was built on october 15, if that helps. One kind is all chrome and another has black out. Does anyone know what the reason for the two different scripts is, and which one is correct for my car. Also, it is a formula S if that has anything to do with it. thanks,
Lou

What Kind of evidence are you finding that show there were two different emblems?

And by blackout you mean black outline of the letter and just a chrome on the very face of the letters??

I have multiple sets from when I was collecting parts and didnt relize they were different till putting the car together. Also, i decided to go repop and Dante asked me which set i wanted when ordring them. Also, read the reply above yours. He has each one on each fender.

I have 69 script and one is all chrome. The other has black inside.
I had never heard of different scripts in the same year until I saw my 69 emblems

Here is what I have.
Outline script on pass.
Solid chrome script on drivers.
IMG_20170826_065923.jpg
IMG_20170826_065840.jpg

I have multiple sets from when I was collecting parts and didnt relize they were different till putting the car together. Also, i decided to go repop and Dante asked me which set i wanted when ordring them. Also, read the reply above yours. He has each one on each fender.

I believe other years Barracuda's use the same size emblem. In collecting used ones you don't know what they came off of. Or if they were replaced at some time with a superceded part number.

I believe 70 Barracuda have similar script? But do they have a brushed face?

I would not trust the fact that reproduction people offer two means they actually had two in 68. Reproduction parts are often wrong in applications.

Well there you go....
I have some other outline script but the holes dont line up. Thats what made me think someone may have modded a 67 fender. Unless there different script for various trim levels.....
Or I simply dont have a correct drivers side script. Nah.... That couldnt be it... Lol

Drivers side is 69 style script.

That's the same style in '68. But did it have that black outline or all chrome.

That outline script is for '66 and earlier. And I'm pretty sure '67.

Well there you go....
I have some other outline script but the holes dont line up. Thats what made me think someone may have modded a 67 fender. Unless there different script for various trim levels.....
Or I simply dont have a correct drivers side script. Nah.... That couldnt be it... Lol

What year is your car?

It originally did not have a fish on one side and a square V-8 w/fish on the other.

67 is identical to 69 except the tail at the end of the "a" is longer.
Mbaird drivers side script and fish look 69 to me
Pics of my 67. See the tail. Also see how tight together script and fish are mounted.
My 69's are packed up or I would post pics.
What year is your car?

It originally did not have a fish on one side and a square V-8 w/fish on the other.

20170826_093637.jpg

Last edited:
Lou
68 Barracuda fender scripts are all chrome, both S & non S cars. The trunk script is brushed with black edges.

Lee
'67 & '68 fastbacks

If you are worried about painted or not painted. You should not go with the aftermarket emblems, you will not like them. You should look for NOS or nice used ones.

This made me go look at my 68 emblem I have. The ones on the right are trunk lid ones. the one on the left are fender ones.
Most of these used ones I took off 68 Barracuda cars and a few NOS ones. Most of theses are over 30 years old
I guess they came all 3 ways. The only date coded cars that I that remember (HaHa) October But the car was painted in the 70S they are chrome and my December car is also chrome. My other gold car had brushed with black paint I do not remember the date on that car. I also have chrome with black paint. The others had Chrome, Chrome with black paint and brushed with black paint. Think the Chrome looks the best.
I have it both ways on the trunk lid ones also. But 90% of them brushed and black paint
None of these are for sale
The top barracuda in cardboard is a trunk emblem

fullsizeoutput_1ab6.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back