1968 Barracuda in a Shed (storage unit)

-
That's a great way to spend some time, congrats on the find. Too bad on that upper control arm/ frame rail area shouldn't be a hard repair to do so long as you can get the replacement parts. BTW my lady would kill me if I did that to the driveway.

The man already has a Mustang convertible, why would he want to make this car into another one?

Well I was just trying to suggest an alternative to cutting out and replacing frame members - I had 2 replace the frame on my convertible and I know what a PITA it is - I guess a guy can't suggest upgrades now days - makes me realize why I don't come to FABO much anymore.

Went to the Nats at National Trails this weekend and bought a clip. It was less expensive than buying rails and inner fenders. It is supposed to be off a Formula S Cuda. It was an air-conditioned car. The clip is a bare clip (no exterior metal). It is complete from the torsion bar mount to the radiator support. We are planning on stripping it down to bare metal. The only non-surface rust we can find is on the passenger side inner fender near the firewall.

Attachments

• barracuda_05_02 Small.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 336
  • barracuda_07_02 Small.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 330
  • barracuda_04_02 Small.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 328
  • barracuda_03_02 Small.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 347
  • barracuda_06_02 Small.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 329
Nice project.
Do you plan to use the a/c firewall ? I need it or a good paper copy of it.
I'm adding a/c and need to proper place the required holes.
Both of my 67 vert inner fenders are rusted through in the same place. The other 3 a-bodies I have here are solid in that area. Aparrently some held water and/or road salt between the 2 pieces of metal and others didn't.
I've often wondered if parking on level concrete caused standing water in some small piaces. Like "put away wet" Anyway,,,
Have fun and Keep the pics comming

Nice score! Do you plan on blasting the parts you need or the old elbow grease method?

We are planning on blasting then after we do some disassembly.

Nice project.

Do you plan to use the a/c firewall ? I need it or a good paper copy of it.

I'm adding a/c and need to proper place the required holes.

Both of my 67 vert inner fenders are rusted through in the same place. The other 3 a-bodies I have here are solid in that area. Aparrently some held water and/or road salt between the 2 pieces of metal and others didn't.

I've often wondered if parking on level concrete caused standing water in some small piaces. Like "put away wet" Anyway,,,

Have fun and Keep the pics comming

It may be a while before we take it totally apart I should be able to get a template off it during the next couple of weeks. PM me where I could send a template.

It has been a while since I posted. Nothing moves as fast as you would like. I have done a lot of little projects disassembling the car. Today I got it out of the garage so I could clean the garage. Will once the garage was cleaned out I decided to see how tight the windshield was in the car. I discovered how tight it was when I cracked the windshield. To make a long story short I beat the windshield out with a hammer. I was able to save the gasket. From what I understand the windshields are easier to get than the gasket. I will still have to find a lower lock strip for the gasket I had since there was not one when I got the car.

If that front glass was original id was surely sand pitted. Breaking it will turn out to be a good thing.

It has been a while since I posted. Nothing moves as fast as you would like. I have done a lot of little projects disassembling the car. Today I got it out of the garage so I could clean the garage. Will once the garage was cleaned out I decided to see how tight the windshield was in the car. I discovered how tight it was when I cracked the windshield. To make a long story short I beat the windshield out with a hammer. I was able to save the gasket. From what I understand the windshields are easier to get than the gasket. I will still have to find a lower lock strip for the gasket I had since there was not one when I got the car.

New gaskets are readily available for your convertible. I paid around $100 mabe $120 for one a few months ago. PM if you want the source.

It has been awhile since I posted to this thread. I thought I would show a photo of a recent acquisition setting in my driveway. It has garnered a few comments.

Attachments

• 2015 08 08_001 Small.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 2015 08 08_002 Small.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 100
-
Back