1968 Barracuda production Numbers

-

68'barracuda

Reaction score
I have been searching for a couple of weeks with no luck on production numbers for a 1968 barracuda notchback, triple green car. I have tried to reach out to Chrysler Historical with no luck. Is there any way to to determine the amount of Cuda’s built with specific options? May be a barracuda sport?

Barracuda
318 2bbl
Automatic
Factory AC
Bucket seats with console
Avacodo green
Green venal top
Green interior with wood grain accents
Factory shoulder belts
Horizontal black accent stripe
Different front driving light bezel??
Chrome grille
Map light
Glove compartment light
Key switch light
Trunk light
Map pockets
Rocker panel trim

Numbers weren't kept on body color, only as a percentage of total production. Find that and you can get a close approximation.

A 68 Barracuda with a 318 is probably the 2nd most common 67-69 Barracuda, I'll check for the totals when I get home. It'll be just the Engine/Transmission combo, no other options.

Alan

Last edited:
Numbers weren't kept on body color, only as a percentage of total production. Find that and you can get a close approximation.
Thank you, any ideas where to find it? I was looking into using GTS, but after a little reading I will not be using him.

I have been searching for a couple of weeks with no luck on production numbers for a 1968 barracuda notchback, triple green car. I have tried to reach out to Chrysler Historical with no luck. Is there any way to to determine the amount of Cuda’s built with specific options? May be a barracuda sport?

Barracuda
318 2bbl
Automatic
Factory AC
Bucket seats with console
Avacodo green
Green venal top
Green interior with wood grain accents
Factory shoulder belts
Horizontal black accent stripe
Different front driving light bezel??
Chrome grille
Map light
Glove compartment light
Key switch light
Trunk light
Map pockets
Rocker panel trim
A simple answer, no. Like S'cuder said, if there is information about colors, it will be a percentage. I have only seen that information for Super Bees but I haven't searched for other models. Year, make, model, engine, and transmission is all you will find. (and sometimes not even those options) My Galen book tells me they built 9855 68 Barracuda hardtops with a 318 and no breakdown for transmission.

your research may vary:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Production Numbers:

68-production.jpg

Thank you, any ideas where to find it? I was looking into using GTS, but after a little reading I will not be using him.

I've seen breakdowns by percentage for certain models. For instance, Plum Crazy was most popular color for 1970 Challengers, with a production around 30%. I don't know where the figures came from. Maybe someone who knows will see this thread, and have your answer.

BTW, GTS has very good information. My experience was that service is unreasonably slow. That was ten years ago, so YMMV. My advice would be avoid paying in advance. Only by requesting order cancellation and a refund many months after placing my order did I receive my book, long after it was useful to me.

They made more 340 fastbacks than 318 fastbacks?

That doesn't seem right.

Didn't they make 225 4 speeds and 318 3 speeds?

...and no info for auto/manual trans on 225/318 cars. Thanks, Galen.

???? which numbers?
The fastback numbers. For example:
V8 total - 15787

318 - 1894
340 - 2857
383 - 963
426 - 70
Total 5783, not 15787

Errors like that all through that table.

-
Back