1968 Barracuda Rear Antisway Bar Original Mopar $100

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is thinner than my Addco, I purchased it from a local member and friend who removed it from his Barracuda.

I dont think a bodies were avalible with a rear sway bar untill somewhere in 76 or so, when there were some sold for police duty. I think what you have is an old aftermarket bar someone installed......

Ok, my book is authored by Paul Herd also and it is his parts manual. I show 25355333 as a front sway bar for 1968. It is showing 2535534 as the 1969 sway bar. The book I am looking at now is an earlier addition and it doesn't show part number 2468238. I have a whole bunch of his books and will look further in to this.

If you look at the picture of the rear sway bar the caption st the bottom says "A sway bar for late 1970 to 1974 models."

That looks almost identical to the Addco one I have.

Addco part number 919 is a 3/4" bar.
Addco part number 675 is a 7/8" bar.
Both are for our cars.

Two Paul Herd books and two Hollander Interchange manuals so far show no factory rear sway bar for a 1967, 1968 or 1969 Barracuda. The one thing I will say about MaMopar is never to say it never happened but that bar looks like a bolt on addition to me.

That looks exactly like the Addco bar I bought 15 years ago. I thought the factory types were like this:

swayrear1.jpg

The Herd book is OK as far as E-bodies, but I have found all kinds of errors in it pertaining to A-body Barracudas. This is one of them. No such animal.

Anyway, the one in the photos is exactly like my Addco bar, and doesn't resemble the Mopar one shown in the book.

But hey, it doesn't matter -- if someone wants a rear sway bar, there it is -- it still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back