1968 Barracuda repop tail lights.

-
Just wondering if anybody has used the repop's,and if so how do they compare to original? Thanks in advance.

I had a really bad experience with 68 TL's from Laysons. There were flaws in the horse shoe-shaped cast metal parts of the lenses and apparently they were forced to remove the Pentastars from the molded lenses so they were not an exact copy. They even sent me a set that were used for show displays and were all scratched up. I told them I wasn't paying for seconds. They also falsely claimed I had a chance to inspect them in person at a Mopar show. The truth was I had ordered tham over the phone and had never seen them in person. In the end they kept $80 of my money when I returned them. (returned 2 sets) Eric was driving his 69 with his 2 week old Laysons TL's and the heat stakes or something came apart on one and a lens fell off the car and was run over by a trailing car. And their free pen didn't work very long either. Your results may vary.

I eventually bought the B,E, and A TL's and they were (are) flawless. I can't remember off the top of my head the Canadian company that markets their parts in CA. Again, your results may vary.

it all comes from PG and seems to be hit and miss I've had pretty good luck with their stuff but others have had real issues with the exterior chrome bits , in the end it is about the same price to re-chrome oe pieces and you at least have someone local to go back with them if they don't hold up .

I bought a set from B E&A for my 1969 Barracuda add they where junk, I sent my originals out and got them rechromed for less money than the junk Chinese ones cost. The Chinese lenses are junk too.

it all comes from PG and seems to be hit and miss I've had pretty good luck with their stuff but others have had real issues with the exterior chrome bits , in the end it is about the same price to re-chrome oe pieces and you at least have someone local to go back with them if they don't hold up .
Thanks Chris.

-
Back