1968 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, no disrespect meant but for people that know these cars these are just natural questions for a car that has so many different year markings. A 68 Barracuda sold at Barrett-Jackson last year for 65k and after I put a photo of it up here on the site we found it had a 67 door on it, wrong door panels, a Dodge center cap on the steering wheel, etc., so there`s a lot of blended cars out there.

Again, no disrespect meant but for people that know these cars these are just natural questions for a car that has so many different year markings. A 68 Barracuda sold at Barrett-Jackson last year for 65k and after I put a photo of it up here on the site we found it had a 67 door on it, wrong door panels, a Dodge center cap on the steering wheel, etc., so there`s a lot of blended cars out there.

Well this would also be one of those cars also. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just trying to sell my car.

I'll take $17000 for my nice, clean and quick blended car if someone is interested.

So the VIN is on the door Jam and not on the Dash or was the VIN on the dash in 68 also ?

I dont think any thinks your trying to pass it off as something its not but if the VIN doesnt match the other stamped numbers it could cause problems getting it over the border.

Was on the dash in 68 as well. This issue has been discussed on many forums, many times. And I hate it for this guy just trying to sell his car, but most people interpret the law as saying IF you move a VIN tag from one body to another, you've committed a federal offense.

That's what I meant by foot, meet bullet. You've shot yourself in the foot by swapping numbers on bodies. I really am sorry for you, especially if you're between a rock and a hard place and HAVE to sell the car, but you're pretty much screwed.

Hopefully this will all work out, and you get what you need for the car.

man tuff crowd but accurate! Man I wish I had a few spare $$s that is a lot of car a a great job for such a low price! Last year would of sold for 25k easy!

PS not a street car so I guess I see year matters little to me..

man tuff crowd but accurate! Man I wish I had a few spare $$s that is a lot of car a a great job for such a low price! Last year would of sold for 25k easy!

PS not a street car so I guess I see year matters little to me..

Thanks, that's what I thought also. Since it's basicaly a race car like you mentioned I figured that wouldn't really matter. I never claimed that it was a 100% correct, numbers matching car.

Its a tough car.
Period.
An if i had the cash,id get it,an ship that bad mother to oz.
When theres a will,theres a way ;)

I think it is totally bad *** as well. I could care less about the different parts and what not. But the VIN is a big PROBLEM!!! I just went through a whole bunch of crap when someone stole my vin tag. It is a MAJOR pain in the butt if someone plans to get the car legally transfered and have tabs put on it.

I have a 1995 Ducati 916 Strada that I would love to trade for that car.....First year production on the 916 with the Ohlins and bigger Computer....
Just thought I would throw it out there....NOT a Harley but Different...

I have a 1995 Ducati 916 Strada that I would love to trade for that car.....First year production on the 916 with the Ohlins and bigger Computer....
Just thought I would throw it out there....NOT a Harley but Different...

No way lol....
Im sort of doing the same thing!

Selling my 07 hayabusa to fix my mopar or bring one over from
the states
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back