1968 convertable trim

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you get the right parts. In looking for a picture of the 1968 Dart Convertible trim I found the 1969 Dart and the 1967 Barracuda trim so I will post them for reference.

1969 Dart Trim Pictured.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!owE-u0T-hwVBP+m2+nT1!~~60_12.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 346
There are many sellers that list parts as fitting wrong cars because they lack the knowledge of the cars. I have bought things that was supposed to fit my convertible that was wrong and many weren't convertible parts at all. To save yourself a lot of hassle and lost money, just make sure you always get pictures and match them to what you need.

Look at this auction and you can see it doesn't match both cars like it is listed.

1967-69 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA DODGE DART CONVERTIBLE REAR BELT MOLDING TRIM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-69-PLY...DefaultDomain_100&hash=item1e6fa34e5a&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• $T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5uC+BP7Pr6D!mw~~60_12.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 359
I know AMD is reproducing the b body console mounting brakets so you might look at their website to see if they have a body brackets yet. If not you might send them an email and ask if they are in the works.

1 of the members is sending the console brackets thanks:prayer: its to bad the 68 is all by its self on the trim. :banghead:

1 of the members is sending the console brackets thanks:prayer: its to bad the 68 is all by its self on the trim. :banghead:

I don't know that the Darts are different from year to year between 1967 and 1969. That is a question you need to ask Dart convertible owners. The Barracudas is different from the Dart for sure.

dart trim is the same (67-69)-- there is 2 different versions of the pinchweld trim, 1 is pictured above where the trim stops at the 1/4 window. The other piece slides into a piece of stainless -- so the trim is across the 1/4 window & terminates at the door gap. Lawrence

what are you talking about? convertible or hardtop? convertible dart trim is the same from 67-69-- there is 2 different versions of the 1/4 window trim--- 1 style stops at the back side of the glass-- the other transitions at the glass & has a piece of stainless that slides in it & terminates at the door opening.

this is just the convertible items-- as for side trim & such I'm sure 68 is by its self as is 67 & 69-- there are a lot of 1 year only specific trim---

please show pictures of the trim or the exact area you are asking about & it will help with I. D.
Lawrence

the photos show a 69 dart trim-- with the transition style molding,
the red car is a 68 convert--
please advise which item is 68 only that you are asking for -- as these 2 cars are using the same convertible moldings 1 is 1968 & 1 in 1969

Attachments

• summer2011 007.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 334
  • summer2011 003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_5088_1.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 349
A couple more of my parts car. This might help.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_5087.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 312
Friend we are talking about to diffrent parts i need the pot metal parts very short and there is 4 of them :banghead:

look in post #3 right below the bumper sticker-- those are the pot metal pieces for a dart.
that set terminates at the rear 1/4 window( the small cut-off piece), the pictures I posted have a slightly different piece at that point.
Which style does your car have?
post up some pictures, you are looking for the most common sought after pieces for a convert. Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back