Not open for further replies.

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has one of these that they are willing to part with. I have been looking for a while with no success. I thought I might have had one a while back but it did not work out. I am OK with the plastic center if that is what you have. Let me know what you have and we will go from there.

Thanks
1968dartman

I have a plastic one ... but not sure if i want to part with it ... JUST in case i ever get another 68 Dart ... did they stop making the plastic ones ?

Yes they did stop making the plastic ones but I e mailed the guy that made them and he is going to make more but was very clear on the fact thgat he would NOT ship to Canada. Could I convince you to part this the one you have perhaps?

Yes they did stop making the plastic ones but I e mailed the guy that made them and he is going to make more but was very clear on the fact thgat he would NOT ship to Canada. Could I convince you to part this the one you have perhaps?

if he wont ship to canada ...give him my address and i will foward it to you....that is such non-sense for ppl to say that.

it is expensive to ship to Canada and takes forever ......did you get the package yet that i sent you last week ? LOL

but Geeeeez to just outright say no shipping to Canada ....wow

I would love to get one for my 68 dart. If you couldpm or post that email address I would be grateful.

I don't have it anymore. I got so pissed with the guy that I deleted it. Probably should have kept it. I will check tonight once I get home to see if perhaps it is still in my sent file.

there is still a lot of mystery as to what cars had the grille center ....my cousin has two factory GTS 68 darts here .....mostly original and one had the center and the other one did not .....the earlier of the two cars has it and is a big block car.... ....the one that does not have it is a low option small block car......any correlation ????

i have wondered what was with that for a long time now

"I would love to get one for my 68 dart. If you could pm or post that email address I would be grateful."

I would appreciate it as well.

It all depended on the mood of the workers on the line at any given time. I have read that only about 60 cars got the center and that there was no rhymm or reason as to what got one and what didn't. I am sure a lot more than 60 cars ended up with them as they were available over the counter at mopar dealers until they were delisted.

there is still a lot of mystery as to what cars had the grille center ....my cousin has two factory GTS 68 darts here .....mostly original and one had the center and the other one did not .....the earlier of the two cars has it and is a big block car.... ....the one that does not have it is a low option small block car......any correlation ????

i have wondered what was with that for a long time now

I do not get that NO SHIP TO CANADA THING .I shipped hundreds of parts to the USA and never had a problem .I am in Eastern Canada and it is alot cheaper to send parts to US sometimes, other than going to Ontario or even Western Canada.

I have one for my GTS. I'd be embarrassed to say how much I paid for it though. Mine is The plastic one, but it is perfect. I do also have a plastic non finished one that I bought from the guy that was making them. It is a piece that he never plated, and it has a lot of plastic flashing from the mold on it still. It could be trimmed and finished to look correct if someone took their time with it. I might be persuaded to part with that one.

I haven't had a spare in a LONG time, but that one cost me $2. and change back in the 1990s at a local wrecking yard. A guy who was an editor at Petersen Pub back in the 1980s had bought three when Chrysler was blowing them out at $3.+. Yeah, those days are over.

As for what I have heard on what cars got them. It was early GTS cars only. I don't know what constitutes early, but my 8/28/67 SPD GTS has one, BUT the grille and the rest of the front end was replaced in 1970 (2nd owner accident).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back