-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectile Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I know this is a long shot but I noticed that a 1968 Dodge Dart 2 door post that just popped up in the Southern California area in the San Fernando Valley the the Sun Valley LKQ Pick your Part.
I really need the driver door glass (not the vent glass) but I do not have the time to go look at it and I am scared that by the time I am available, the whole car will be crushed already. The favor I need is if anyone is in the area and will be looking at the car or is going to be in the junkyard anyway, if you would be willing to get the glass for me and hold onto it for 1-3 weeks for me when I can pick it up directly from them. Looking at the pricing online the Front Door Glass should cost $36 and I am willing to pay you double for it when I pick it up. To sweeten the deal if you are only going to pick up my glass would be I could use the front passenger fender as well and the price listed on that is $60. I can pay up to $200 for the 2 items.

Again, I realize this might be a long shot but its worth a chance. At bare minimum, maybe someone here can find a couple parts for themselves before the car gets crushed. I wish I could have seen the car online before it was junked, I bet I could have offered a better deal than what the junkyard paid them for it... The shell looks perfect for my needs.

Not sure if the Link will work, will post some pictures off my phone right now as well

Some pictures

DART1.jpeg

DART2.jpeg

DART3.jpeg

DART4.jpeg

DART5.jpeg

I might be able to go as the car looks like it has a few pieces I need also, but it wouldn't be for a few weeks.

You may want to call the yard.It is possible they will pull the parts for you(may need a credit card)
We got a few engines, transmissions and other parts that they pulled for us and we picked up.
Worth a shot.
And you are right. I found a complete 69 Dart that I got a hood from.Went back the next week and they crushed the car.
It had factory Mopar cruise control that I wanted. When asked I said "Why did you crush it ? It had lots of good parts."
His answer was they get a print out daily and random car numbers are on it to go to the crusher.

You may want to call the yard.It is possible they will pull the parts for you(may need a credit card)
We got a few engines, transmissions and other parts that they pulled for us and we picked up.
Worth a shot.
And you are right. I found a complete 69 Dart that I got a hood from.Went back the next week and they crushed the car.
It had factory Mopar cruise control that I wanted. When asked I said "Why did you crush it ? It had lots of good parts."
His answer was they get a print out daily and random car numbers are on it to go to the crusher.

I don’t think Pick a Part pulls parts. They sure haven’t in the 35 years i went there. It’s a self serve junkyard.

Those pics are from the holding yard. It will get picked over very quickly. Do they list what day the car will hit the yard. I’m sure others are vulturing over it since it’s posted on their site.

I have had bad luck with LKQ in the past where certain yards wont answer any questions about what is available in the yard/ not available anymore... and to make it worse I once went to a junkyard on a Friday to get a couple of door parts for my Jeep (almost no tools needed) and I saw a mopar C body (I forgot the exact model) had just been put out the day before according to the window sticker. I came back the following Monday to get the entire 8.75 rear end along with all 4 rims... and the car apparently had been crushed either Sunday evening or Monday morning because multiple employees confirmed that it had been crushed already. The company tends to prioritize crushing older cars to make space for the newer stuff if need be, even if it sits in the yard for less than a week.
I wouldn't have a chance to get out to the yard for at least another week and a half and I highly doubt it would still be sitting there by then.

hey man, this is right in my back yard. i'm a little tied up the next few days but i'll see if i can hustle over there and scope the scene for you.

if i can make it happen, i'm more than happy to help. and if all the stars align i can hold it till spring fling if you need me to and you can grab it then.

shoot me a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back