1968 Dodge Dart 2d. Post sedan Wanted.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the cars shape! I do not want a object. Want a car ready for the road.
Send some pics,info and price.

Ive got one im considering selling . Its a 68 Western Sport Special ( stainless trim around the side windows and cover over posts ) Its a fresh build with 69 340 hp engine , console shifted 727 auto , a/c car , Go Mango orange w/ black vinyl top ,GTS hood and black GTS tail stripe , orange steel wheels , dog dish caps and new BFG T/As , nice interior all stock except Porche 911 buckets and B & M shifter mounted into center console ... if interested ill dig it out of my shop , wash and take pics ( currently covered with car cover 2 cars deep in my shop ... Thanks Dave

I have a 68 Dart GT. 340 motor. 904 trans. shift kit and 2500 stall. Orange wit Bumble Bee stripe. 8 an 3/4 rearend. Counsel shift, white leather interior. also factory air conditioned car. comes with extra rims, new high velocity oil pump and oil pan gasket. runs great. I moved and also looking for something more towards drag racing. thanks

I have a sweet Dart.. everything is for sale... you just have to want in more than the owner.http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/jbellyus/start to finish/

Again.. make me an offer on what you see.
new 360, bored .030
speed pro pistons, ported, heads and air gap intake, large valves, 507 lift cam, mini tubbed, wilwood brakes, LBP axles front and rear, new torque thrust II and BFG's, 8.75 rear with 4.10 gears, news wiring harness EZ, new seats with new foam, new paint, shaved doors, trunk, fire wall, etc... mallory ignition, 750 holley, alumn 4 row radiator, elect fan, new steering wheel, etc RMS tubular UCA's and strut rods, new SS springs.. I have over $30K in it.

Can spend 5-12k. for a car depending on cars shape and equipment! Not a fixer upper.
Pics an price wanted.
Thanks .
J.

I never heard of a late 60s POST Dart that was a Western Sport Special. I thought that was a "coupe only,combo of options" for the Western dealers promo option. I have a 67 Dart Post with gold Bucket interior that has the same options(all the chrome) but thats before the Western Sport was available..? NOT a lot of info on 67 and 69 POST Darts "only available the two years" a few Posts had came with the 273 commandos and 4 speeds that made a nice ride ! with a 340 or 360 it is a ROCKET!

Pretty sure that would be "Sports Special". No western about it. I have one. Seems fairly common on LA built 68 posts. Full stainless trim around the windows, aluminum wheel lip moulding, and thats about it as far as I can tell. Also no v8's as far as I know.

68 Valiant Sedan, 508" stroker motor, 8 3/4 sure grip with 4.10's, frame tied, mini tubbed, 15K

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 476
Sorry for confusion ... my 68 Dart Sedan was badged " sport special " and came with a /6 , now has 69 340 . I just assumed it was a " western " sport special , ill try to get some pics up .

Pretty sure that would be "Sports Special". No western about it. I have one. Seems fairly common on LA built 68 posts. Full stainless trim around the windows, aluminum wheel lip moulding, and thats about it as far as I can tell. Also no v8's as far as I know.

I had a '68 2-door post that was badged as a "Western Sport Special". Stainless door, window, and b-pillar trim like you said. Also had wheel lip molding. /6 auto, auto, with dealer installed a/c. Also a vinyl top car. There was a large metal badge on both front fenders that said "Western Sport Special". And it was an LA car.

Western Sport Special and Sports Special are two different packages. The Westerns I've seen had stickers in the back without an emblem on the fenders. Sports Specials have these fender emblems.
100_8152.jpg

My car had a vinyl top as well.

Western Sport Special and Sports Special are two different packages. The Westerns I've seen had stickers in the back without an emblem on the fenders. Sports Specials have these fender emblems.
100_8152.jpg

My car had a vinyl top as well.

I`m still looking for a sweet 2d.sedan!
Around 8-9k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back