1968 Dodge Dart GT Convertible Latch Pin

Mopar Body and Trim

1. Alexmorrison64

Alexmorrison64 1968 Dodge Dart GT Convertible

Local Time:
    11:06 PM
    One of the pins that holds the latch in place has gone missing. There are two of these pins on each side. I have been searching for a replacement pin (would rather not replace the entire latch). Any ideas on where I can find a replacement pin? Have searched on ebay and sites like classic industries and other mopar sites.

IMG-0110.jpg

2. burdar

burdar Owen's Dad

Local Time:
    10:06 PM
    Try the convertible section. Lots of people have boughten new latches. Maybe someone has their original ones laying around that they would send you. Also, maybe a picture of the latch and where this part goes would help also. I can't place where that pin is by the picture you posted.

3. dadsbee

dadsbee FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:06 PM
    'tis what the Want To Buy section is for... you might be amazed how quickly a member says "I got one" !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dana67Dart

Dana67Dart The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      9:06 PM
      Post some photos of where the pin is supposed to be. Im having a hard time seeing the part you posted and where it woukd fit.

• Jim Lusk

Jim Lusk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:06 PM
      Yeah, I don't see where this pin goes, either. New latches have been CHEAP at Year One (the only thing they have that is cheap). Somewhere I have old latches. One that is a little busted, but most of that stuff is really hard to find right now. I have new latches for my GTS.

• Dana67Dart

Local Time:
      The knurl says it goes into hole. My oem locating pin on my latch is more pointy and i think it is cast.

Im guessing the OP is referring to the pivot pins
      16341882218771260535130231938091.jpg 16341882453466120613042672546304.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Dana67Dart

Local Time:
        Now that i think i have figured out what you are looking for...

Try McMaster Carr, Ace Hardware.

You might have to machine one yourself.

If (like me) you do not have a lathe, you could get some bar stock and chuck it into a drill and use a file to shape it. If you use staineless (not sure how it would cut with my method) you could polish it after so it looks a bit more chromed.

As for the knurling, you might have to come up with some other keeper setup. Maybe a set screw (use caution, cast potmetal is brittle)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.