-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaeluser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well I need to sell my car. Really don't won't to, but these are changing times.

The Good 1968 GT V8 car. Was a 273 car now it sports a 360/727 combo. The rear end is the 8-3/4 with 3:55's. Big B body brakes. The front has the late A-body disc set-up. Bolt pattern is 5-4 1/2. Engine is a 1972 vintage 360 plucked from a Monaco rebuilt with 10 to 1 compression. The cam is a Comp with .480 lift. Heads are ported and poilshed. The intake is Wiend old school Stealth. The carb is Street Avenger 650 with Vacuum secondaries. I have recently put a Mopar water pump and timing cover. Headers are? rusty. Exhaust is old Super 40's with factory style tips. Sounds really good still. I bought the car from the three onwer who bought it from the guy who did the engine/trans/rr swap. The 727 has a 2200 stall and a valvebody work. The body is really straight and still wears the factory gold paint except one repair.

The bad: The car needs a new top and new paint. If you like as is style then it's perfect. The front end needs to be rebuilt (including the steering box). There are two rust spots on the lower drivers side rear quarter. I never touched it and it looks as there was a bad repair. This is the same location as the bad paint. The vinyl roof is junk and should be replaced or repaired. The other rust is under the right rear corner of the vinyl roof. The interior is very clean and I have the original seats. The previous owner swapped in some cheesy seats to lighten the car. ?? The hood had a scoop added and it's was a hack job I have two extra hoods.

$7500 and it's yours... call or email

Dart1968ab.jpg

MotorLowRes.jpg

Price coming down...

Someone make me a fair reasonable offer...

or

Tell me I am crazy?

looks like a nice car i wouldnt say your crazy, free bump

I'd love to have this car, but it would cost me about $7800 with the shipping and I only have about $4500 to spend. Not even close. Here's a free bump for a nice car.
Frank

The car is where ? Fullerton California? How bad is the streering, lose but driveable?

Yes the steering is pretty worn out, however it doesn't wander or leak. Just sloppy. LCA bushings are done as well.

Yes the car is located in SoCal Fullerton Ca,

Are you going to bring it for sale to Fall Fling next Saturday??

Well Gents it's sold. A guy from Germany with cash came buy last night and bought it. Shipping it to Germany next week. Crazy!!!

How cool!

I bought my dart from the us,an im in oz,so i know what its like lol.
Crazy how sometimes u cant find a buyer,yet someone from overseas will
buy it sight unseen pretty much!

Don't forget our dollar to them is worth very little. There $$$$$ is king right now.

Don't forget our dollar to them is worth very little. There $$$$$ is king right now.

Euro is just getting back to the same level as a year ago before the financial crisis, and the net positive exchange gain is only a few hundred dollars on this car vs. the thousands that will cost him to ship this back to Europe. Thumps up for a real car guy for buying this.

Bittersweet congratulations Mike. I always liked that car.
Hope you did well on it.

George

Yeah, nice car......I had my eye on it on Craigslist as well. Great deal, I thought......I mean, it would be hard to duplicate that car for that kinda money. And who knows, maybe sometime you'll see it again.....in a German magazine.

Thanks everyone. I sold the car for $5250.00 which I bought it for $5800 in 2002.

The story goes, Martin the guy from Germany buys only Mopars. He was here for a week shopping. He bought 3-4 cars, not sure on the 4th he left my house to see a 1973 Charger at 8:30pm. We all know the Mopars are hot in Germany. He told me the car will sell for anywhere around 12-15k us dollars and will cost him around $3k to ship. He said he losses $0.5 on every dollar. So he opened a bank account here and wires the money to make the transition simpler. He was a very nice guy with a nice collection of personal cars. 1969 Super Bee 440 six pac and so on. He Will be back in Spring and I am going to help him find other cars and work on storing some in between now and then. The world is a small place and our American culture is very popular in Europe.

Now off to find that Demon a guy is selling in La Habra. 1972 340 4spd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back